Rusty Rebel (One More Thing!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll be starting my third build off with this previously built 196? Firestone 500. This was one of my first old bikes, so when I built it I never cleaned/regreased bearings or really knew what I was doing, plus it is not in a rideable condition as it sits. So, this bike will be getting a freshning up and a transformation! The key to this build is PATINA and CHEAP! All the parts I'll be throwing at it are ones I have in the shed. Let the madness begin! :rockout:

This year's bike will be the.............
Rusty Rebel!

Last edited:
I wish I would have hung onto my first attempts at Rat Rods. I would love to give them an update with the parts i've got now like you're doing.

This should be fun to watch.

Nice! Seems there are a lot of middleweights showing up this year. I remember seeing this bike a few years ago when I got my Firestone 500. I am sure you'll knock it out of the park.

Thanks Guys! Forgot to to add my parts pic, it's in the original post now.

cant wait to see more

Nice lines as a starting point, wheel look good as they are.

Glad you are in this year! Good selection of coolness there. BTW "CHEAP & PATINA" are my two middle names! This is why we collect parts we don't need. Then later we find a place for them. Go for it!

Latest posts

Back