Rusty Red Transporter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like your thinking on sissy bar positioning. I was just trying to figure out how tall it would have to be for the lines through the fork, seat stem and sissy bar to meet at one common point?
The length of the sissy bar still needs to be determined. First I will figure out what the ride height of the seat will be.

Building a sissy bar is a first for me. Going forward I already learned a lot. Stuff I would definitely do differently next time. Nevertheless, the sissy bar is moving in the right direction. Last night I made the mounting plates and formed the curved crossbar. About the sissy bar angle, I'm going for option 3.

transporter_58.jpg

transporter_59.jpg

transporter_60.jpg

Nice, that is a very solid piece of work, and one that is going to come out on top in any bar fight...

Last night was final round of hay. Over the last 3 days we managed to harvest 1610 square bales and 67 large round bales. This weekend I have time to work on extending the steerer tube and the spring mounting bracket.

View attachment 165675

View attachment 165676

View attachment 165677

And the most beautiful part of harvest is having my son around.

View attachment 165680
View attachment 165681
View attachment 165682
Really cute little guy. I have have grand kids his age.. Fun times... How old , around 4 or 5? Have fun, their only small for a little while... HaYoN.. Razin..

Really cute little guy. I have have grand kids his age.. Fun times... How old , around 4 or 5? Have fun, their only small for a little while... HaYoN.. Razin..
Last June he turned 4. They grow up so fast. My dad is 70 years old and still works fulltime on the farm. My son wants to go everywhere his grandpa goes. Having 3 generations together on the farm is absolutely amazing.

That is one serious looking table, and what are those chunky looking motors over in the corner?
Oh! Oh! I wanna play!

Honda CB/CM 400 and whatever suffix besides 'F' :grin: .

A specific guess, as they would be the most collectible, I would think...CB 400T, aka Honda Hawk.

Oh! Oh! I wanna play!

Honda CB/CM 400 and whatever suffix besides 'F' :grin: .

A specific guess, as they would be the most collectible, I would think...CB 400T, aka Honda Hawk.
You know engines. It is a CB 250T and a CB 400N. Still planning to build one motor out of it. I like the looks of the 250 better. It got the 70ties roundness and most important, it got the kick starter. The 400N is 80ties styled. Many years ago I made this drawing of what the bike could look like.

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 10.43.57.png

But it still looks like this 😂

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 10.50.42.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back