Rusty Red Transporter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!! Somehow it seems like I missed this entire build other than your first photo! You fab work and artistic skills on these parts is top shelf man!!! Loving all of the detailed photos too. I LOVE this build!

WOW!!! Somehow it seems like I missed this entire build other than your first photo! You fab work and artistic skills on these parts is top shelf man!!! Loving all of the detailed photos too. I LOVE this build!
Thanks a lot for the nice words and the support. I think it all comes down to the fact that everything falls in place after a turbulent time in my life. Designing, creating, and making autonomously is what I love most. Being in my workshop and experiencing the creator flow time after time is the golden medal (to keep it in the Olympic spirit). This happiness makes everything I do almost effortless and that benefits the outcome. Peace! ✌️

Last edited:
Last night was cleaning and stripping time. Found these all-metal pedals on a Dutch online marketplace. With some TLC these are a great addition to the project. Also stripped the rear fender. Used a new stripper product that comes in a rattle can. Love it! After applying I wrapped the fender in plastic and let the product do its job for an hour. I could literally wash off all the paint. I took the brass wire brush to the fender and now it looks like this. Next up is polishing and after that clear coat.

transporter_67.jpg

The small part from previous post in context.

View attachment 166961
Finely machined, and matches up well with your sissy bar. What does it 'do' ?

EDIT: Okay, so I jumped the gun a bit. :bigsmile: All I had to do is look at the next two posts!
I'm up too early this a.m. to be commenting on anything! :21:

Finely machined, and matches up well with your sissy bar. What does it 'do' ?

EDIT: Okay, so I jumped the gun a bit. :bigsmile: All I had to do is look at the next two posts!
I'm up too early this a.m. to be commenting on anything! :21:
5 am! Good to see you take this forum seriously 😆

Last night was cleaning and stripping time. Found these all-metal pedals on a Dutch online marketplace. With some TLC these are a great addition to the project. Also stripped the rear fender. Used a new stripper product that comes in a rattle can. Love it! After applying I wrapped the fender in plastic and let the product do its job for an hour. I could literally wash off all the paint. I took the brass wire brush to the fender and now it looks like this. Next up is polishing and after that clear coat.

View attachment 167078
What is the rattle can stripper product you used, if I may? Thanks!

It's the most honest work I've ever done...it will leave you itchy, sore, and exhausted...but, there was no doubt that every last penny was earned :whew:
It is fun to hear all the hay stories from others. I agree with the honesty of the work. All the energy you put into it gives a simple but rewarding result. In our case, making hay is every year a family affair. My dad and I are working the fields to get the hay ready for baling. My sister takes care of the daily stuff on the farm. My mom makes sure there is food and drinks when needed. My other sister babysits the children when we are out working. And we're really thankful for all family and friends who come and help us load the bales. Without them, we could not do it.

Painting has begun! Nice to see other builders being on the same point in their build. The fender got two layers of clear coat and the frame a layer of primer. Next up is a matt red base coat. Still need to find the right color for the top layer. I'm leaning towards an apple candy red. I need to be careful not to paint the frame too perfect. After painting, I like to give it some character by simulating some use. A credible result is the hard part. There's a fine line between just right and totally off. But I do like a challenge.

transporter_70.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back