Rusty Red Transporter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrap Wolf

Designer, Maker, Farmer
Pro Member
Reaction score
This build started with a rusty transporter bike which served as a daily driver in Amsterdam for over twenty years. It ended up as a narrow seventies chopper-styled bicycle. I had a blast!

transporter_edit_05.jpg

transporter_edit_03.jpg

transporter_edit_04.jpg

transporter_edit_01.jpg

transporter_edit_07.jpg

transporter_edit_02.jpg

transporter_edit_06.jpg

Last edited:
The starting point.
transporter_86.jpg

Some of my personal favorite details.
- Fabricating the sissy bar. A first for me.
- Extending the coil spring mount. This was essential to make the front end work.
- Machining this little aluminum part. It makes the fender mounting bolt sit flush.
- Lug lining the frame. I used a new tool called a fluid writer.
- Using the dog collar chain as a cable guide. Simple and yet so much character.
- The half link chain. I like the beefy look a lot.

transporter_84.jpg

transporter_85.jpg

Link to my build thread: https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/rusty-red-transporter.113839/

Last edited:
The starting point.
View attachment 171615

Some of my personal favorite details.
- Fabricating the sissy bar. A first for me.
- Extending the coil spring mount. This was essential to make the front end work.
- Machining this little aluminum part. It makes the fender mounting bolt sit flush.
- Lug lining the frame. I used a new tool called a fluid writer.
- Using the dog collar chain as a cable guide. So simple but and yet much character.
- The half link chain. I like the beefy look a lot.

View attachment 171616
View attachment 171617
Gorgeous build.

love the stance and geomentry Of the bike.

the bent front fork and wheel size is awesome.

This bike is so classy and so funky cool at the same time. Perfect mix.
Love the paint and that killer sissy bar!
CONGRATS!

For those who like to see me building this bike in a motion picture, here is my Rusty Red Transporter Build Video! If you like to support me? Please subscribe to my YouTube channel. Thanks :)

Definite feel of an "Old Shovel" type video. Great music selection. Didn't realize just how much fab work you did on all your pieces

Definite feel of an "Old Shovel" type video. Great music selection. Didn't realize just how much fab work you did on all your pieces
To make some stuff functionally work and to make some of the esthetics there was definitely some fab work involved. That is the part I like the most.

I love this. All bikes should look this effortlessly cool....(although there is a great amount of effort and work / detail gone into this). I want one....do you do them in black ;)

I love this. All bikes should look this effortlessly cool....(although there is a great amount of effort and work / detail gone into this). I want one....do you do them in black ;)
Thanks for the compliment. I do make black bicycles too. This is one of the previous black bicycles I made. It is not that 70s chopper style, more a tourer kind. This one was auctioned and found its way to Danmark.

07.jpg

10.jpg

06.jpg

Amsterdam must be proud. Maybe not all the residents, but at least anyone who has at least half a bucket of sense. I hope I look that good in my retirement ;)

Latest posts

Back