Schwinn Alert!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got off work today and there was a text message on my phone, "Schwinn alert! Come down to my shop!" sent from my long time friend and owner of the towns only bike shop (for now). So I get down to his shop, a mile down my street and this is what i saw in his bike rack, parked next to a 1969 Raleigh Superbe 3speed. "Choose", he said...

DSCN3894.jpg

DSCN3892.jpg

A 1963 Schwinn Racer 3speed. Bought it for $50 and ITS ALL ORIGINAL except for the brand new tires and tubes he put on it. Got it back to my house and all I had to do was rebead the tires, oil the hub and lube the 3speed shifter. Already put 10 miles on it tonight, and has most of its decals still.

DSCN3896.jpg

Not bad for $50 with new tires and tubes. It can keep my 68' Racer company now. 8)

If anyone has a rear fender reflector they wanna sell, pm me. Thanks!

Thanks, and allready put about 18 miles on it since I bought it yesterday. Now I love my fat tire cruisers, but it's hard to beat a 3speed for road riding distances. Short of a few squeeks, that have been remidied, the bike works great! :mrgreen:

That is nice, and what a deal!!

I especially like the shark fin style front fender and just keep putting more and more miles on it everyday. Goes good with my 68' Racer...

DSCN3484.jpg

(have since upgraded back to a 5spoke 74' Schwinn chainring and put the basket on something else.)

Latest posts

Back