Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Daughter's first bike.
Photo0641_zps719e056c.jpg

My Daughter's newest.
20130825_171023-Copy_zps23bee5af.jpg

One of mine, it's changed a bit but don't have any recent pics.
Photo0643_zps1fe4bd16.jpg

Newest build in progress..
tn_zps2decaeec.jpg

My last Schwinn World Sport (I think) - free bike

Pair of Varsity - 1965

1988 Voyageur

Super Le tour

Le Tour Tourist

Cruiser 5

Suburban 10 speed

Suburban 5 speed

1984 Sierra

Mesa runner

Collegiate 10 sport

Collegiate 5 speed

2006 Schwinn Manta Ray
MantaRay6_zps1be7b8ab.jpg

This is the final iteration’s parts list: Wald highrise bars from a girl’s 70’s (?) Free Sprit; Salsa handgrips; Bontrager bar end plugs; OCC Sting-Ray 42T crankset; Sturmey Archer 16T drive cog (final drive ratio = 57.75 Gear Inches); OCC Sting-Ray front wheel and tire; Zéfal LED’s front and rear.

By using the OCC Sting-Ray’s 24” front wheel, the Fork Angle and Trail were changed from the original’s 16” wheel; this resulted in a dramatic change in the handling characteristics. The combination of a Wald highrise handlebar’s spacing and changes to the Fork Angle and Trail makes her so much better to ride from both a physics and ergonomic standpoint.

Design and application is often a matter of compromises, in this case, the higher Final Drive Ratio makes her go further per pedal stroke (thus faster at 60-90 RPM’s) on the flats and in descends, but in climbing – well – not so much, despite the OCC's 170mm crank length; she has thus become a comfortable, yet reasonably fast, flatland single speed cruiser! (I resisted the temptation of converting her into an internally geared 3-speed)

Hope you guys like her.

1966 Breeze De Luxe, 2 speed Bendix automatic

1981 Collegiate 3 speed

1980 Traveller 10 speed

my 56 schwinn dx ratrod pig bike.
only a schwinn by frame everything else is different
new departure rear hub.
aftermarket whitewalls.
36 inch apes and long sissybar
seat is a aftermarket as well as sissybar.
rear fender is Schwinn front is Columbia
Panasonic road bike front forks.
aftermarket mirror.
lots of bondo and paint.

Latest posts

Back