Schwinn Cruiser SS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin B

Bicycle Demolitionist
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend just gave me this bike that he picked up for free with an App it was offered on for free pick up. It is a Schwinn Cruiser SS, apparently from 2007-08. It has this stamped on the BB "SNTCA07H00488." These were LBS only Schwinns not the big box store frames with the fat down tubes.

It is the same frame as my 125th Black Phantom reissue. Looks like the same wheels though unpolished compared to the Black Phantom. The two tone seat is actually stitched panels based on the color (Not printed on a single piece of leather).

The front wheel is badly bent. Other than that it is a little scratched and rusty. The Schwinn Typhoon branded tires are still good with little wear. I may try to repaint the whitewalls. I already put the chain on and tried it out, everything works good (Well except that front wheel wobble). Just need to find an appropriate front wheel.

As found
As found.jpg

Bent wheel
Front rim bent.jpg

Overview
20211001_141653.jpg

A friend just gave me this bike that he picked up for free with an App it was offered on for free pick up. It is a Schwinn Cruiser SS, apparently from 2007-08. It has this stamped on the BB "SNTCA07H00488." These were LBS only Schwinns not the big box store frames with the fat down tubes.

It is the same frame as my 125th Black Phantom reissue. Looks like the same wheels though unpolished compared to the Black Phantom. The two tone seat is actually stitched panels based on the color (Not printed on a single piece of leather).

The front wheel is badly bent. Other than that it is a little scratched and rusty. The Schwinn Typhoon branded tires are still good with little wear. I may try to repaint the whitewalls. I already put the chain on and tried it out, everything works good (Well except that front wheel wobble). Just need to find an appropriate front wheel.

As found
View attachment 174503

Bent wheel
View attachment 174504

Overview
View attachment 174506
Score :113:

Latest posts

Back