Schwinn Drifter with Springer Front End

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to Bicycle Restoration/Conversation and just picked up a Schwinn Drifter with a Springer Front End that is in rough shape (rust). I know it is not terribly old but cannot find any information on it. It has the following Serial Number on the bottom of the pedal crank case SNFSD09JB8486. Can anyone tell me what year this bike was made? Also, I am thinking about converting it to motor driven and thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20220430_100512893_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220430_100512893_HDR.jpg
    555 KB · Views: 54
I am new to Bicycle Restoration/Conversation and just picked up a Schwinn Drifter with a Springer Front End that is in rough shape (rust). I know it is not terribly old but cannot find any information on it. It has the following Serial Number on the bottom of the pedal crank case SNFSD09JB8486. Can anyone tell me what year this bike was made? Also, I am thinking about converting it to motor driven and thoughts?
it's a newer +2000 model that they sold in big box stores. Target, Sears, etc.......

for reference

https://offerup.com/item/detail/588923832
Rusty but trusty. I wouldn't worry too much about the value. Clean it with some evaporust and ride!

Latest posts

Back