Schwinn Heavy-Duti and Deliveri: actual industrial bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So now that I have a Deliveri, I'm learning all about this whole class of bikes I knew very little about before: Worksman, Heavy-Duti, Husky, Summit, Sun, like that. I know that older Schwinn Heavy-Duti models were used in factories and industrial settings, but are the new ones still built heavier and sold and used that way? Somehow, in my mind, the older ones painted solid yellow look the part, whereas the newer two-tone yellow/black with the red pinstripe looks like it's trying to be a Mooneyes beach cruiser type thing. And from the little info I can find online about the Deliveri, it seems like it was only made in 2013, and the catalog pic looks like something that would have been sold in Target. Are they actually industrial-strength bikes?

Or to put it another way: are there any differences between the bikes in these pics besides colors and trim?

2001 Schwinn Heavy Duti.jpg

schwinn_HEAD_YLW_13_z.jpg

schwinn-heavy-duti-77074-1.jpg

schwinn_delv26_red_13_z.jpg

Yeah these bikes are much higher quality than big box bikes. The tubes are all oversized and the forks similarly beefy, 1 1/8" threaded. The only difference I'm aware of (besides the color) is the brazeons for the rack on the Deliveri.

Some of the others, like the Summit, are very similar but traditional sized tubes with a 1" threaded fork.

Latest posts

Back