Schwinn/OCC chopper fork info needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can someone please tell me the length and diameter of the fork tubes on the Schwinn OCC chopper bikes?

I think they are 1 inch diameter by 28 inches long.
But I haven't had a set for years.
Do you have the triple trees? Could measure the diameter of the fork tube holes.

I have a set of triple trees of unknown origin and the fork tubes which are 1.25" od are too short for what I want to do. I'm looking for an inexpensive option for longer tubes. Here are the ones I want to modify.
IMG_20180505_105528.jpg

Those look more like the Jesse James and Dayton empire kustom forks.

Do you weld or know a welder?
You could get same size tubing at longer length and weld the axle slots on.

The fork tubes from this larger (20" rear, 24" front) OCC version are 1.25" OD and about 27" from the top of the tube to the axle dropouts.

occ schwinn.jpg

Unfortunately for my short-lived idea, it has a 1.25" threaded steerer tube too!

The fork tubes from this larger (20" rear, 24" front) OCC version are 1.25" OD and about 27" from the top of the tube to the axle dropouts.

View attachment 74618
Unfortunately for my short-lived idea, it has a 1.25" threaded steerer tube too!

Hey, this is a beautiful chopper, Sir.

View attachment 74618
I had one sitting around for years I wanted to put on a bike. my problem was the long as steer tube length. I just recently got a frame to put it on; a Schwinn Link. All I had to add was a threadless bearing race and one inch spacer. I just wish it had that digger profile like the sting ray. Also the fork tubes not being adjustable in the clamps suck and using bmx diameter bars.

, if, you know a quality weldet
This is exactly the bike that I have and want to restore. I have owned it since 2007. The neck tube can be replaced with any size. Billet trees are recommended with any gas engine upgrade.

Latest posts

Back