schwinn S7 wheels and after market fat tires question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
so I have a couple of 26in S7 wheels and I know you have to have special sized tires to fit these rims, but my question is does anyone make a wider tire that will still fit over this rim. I know its supposed to take a 26x 1 3/4 and not a 26x 1.75 but I'd like something more like a 26 x 2 1/4 or bigger.
please any help would be great. I don't want to have to buy new wheels and spokes to relace the hubs I have

I can vouch for the Kenda 26x2x1 3/4 tires.(linked above at Niagara Cycle). Those are the only option I know of for the S7 rims. I had them on my '61 Jaguar MKIV for a while. They fit both the rim and the fenders just fine, and they look like a full balloon tire. The only reason I took them off was that I'm kind of a purist with my vintage machines, and the Jag is a middleweight, not a ballooner.

JWM

Thanks guys those look nice but I was looking for a black wall. Or anything but a white wall tire. I'm still looking a little bit. That tire size helped a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back