Schwinn tank bike out of spare parts.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh come on, that's just not right... spare parts laying around?!;) I need a bigger parts box!

Turning out super nice! How'd you do the frame transitional graphics, your own masking effort or pre cut stencils? The tank turned out awesome!

Oh come on, that's just not right... spare parts laying around?!;) I need a bigger parts box!

Turning out super nice! How'd you do the frame transitional graphics, your own masking effort or pre cut stencils? The tank turned out awesome!
I've been collecting every old bike and part I've come across for over 20 years. I've filled a couple garages and a 10x25. Storage room at my shop. ... The rear fender almost got tossed a couple years ago... it started with spare parts I've had for years, but so far I've purchased a delta headlight and the new spokes. Only other purchase might be truss rods and inner tubes.
I've got a stencil cutter, the program is a basic one. I need a better program that will do self plotting from uploaded pictures! I use it mostly for letters but got the frame pieces figured out (the circular part that is kind of backwards G shape is alittle off and they ended up about a 1/4 inch short but don't tell anyone and they won't notice ;) The tank and guard shapes would take to much right now if I included the pinstripes....well Im quicker with hand masking then the 15hrs and multiple re cuts it would take me to figure out the exact shape.

Last edited:
Started painting fenders today. Hope to finish tomorrow. I paint the insides first and let dry before tackling the top side. I've tried doing both sides at once but it's just not worth the hassle.

My super high tech fancy dancy fender holder.
.... When it come time for the top I lay a towel over the back of an old folding chair and use that as my super duper high tech fancy dancy fender holder.

Welcome back !

Latest posts

Back