Schwinn Typhoon Resto/Mod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bobbed the stock rear fender, got it stripped and painted. Cut it just ahead of where the forward brace went.

Had a bar stock seat post bent. It too is painted.
Then it's off to see about getting pin striped.

Stripped the Kingman tag for repainting. It's gotta go back on. Test rode it with new seat post and it's a blast and comfy. Gonna be a cruiser.

Ready to get pin striped. A local old school pinstriper Ron Pinkston. Getting a sd card loaded up with pics and some printed off to take to next car show and let him have a look.
front.jpg
bar seat post.jpg
fender:gen.jpg
Humble beginnings
schwinn typhoon.jpg

Looks great, I will be starting mine of the same frame within the next few weeks. I will have to change some of my plans so it doesnt look too uch like yours. thanks for the pics.

Build it how you want!

Not like there aren't tons of bikes painted just like this one already.
It's a popular style!

I have a tank for mine so that will be different at least. Looking for truss bars. How did you crop the fender would like to try that myself.

Sheet metal sheers. Cut end off the fender near horizontal brace so I could use the curve as a pattern. Then covered where I wanted to cut with blue masking tape. Put the fender end where I wanted, traced around edge and cut it with the sheers. Then took my dremel with sanding discs and smoothed it up.

It's cut right before where the vertical fender brace was.

The sheers come in three different cuts. Left curve, straight cut or right curve. I have the straight cut. I couldn't cut down to the line all at once. Had to nibble down to the line then finished it up with the dremel.

Just adding a pic of the Typhoon all pinstriped and lettered up. all done by Ron Pinkston in Wichita Ks. Swapped out the stock chain ring for a bmx spider and ring. Really made the ride better. Don't care to ride fast anyway, it's a cruiser.

Posed along side my Spaceliner after a few swap meet finds and changes.

Just a pair of hot rods.

See ya,
Rod
DSC_0429-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Just adding a pic of the Typhoon all pinstriped and lettered up. all done by Ron Pinkston in Wichita Ks. Swapped out the stock chain ring for a bmx spider and ring. Really made the ride better. Don't care to ride fast anyway, it's a cruiser.

Posed along side my Spaceliner after a few swap meet finds and changes.

Just a pair of hot rods.

See ya,
Rod
DSC_0429-XL.jpg
Nice!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back