schwinn varsity 27 inch camelback

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all i was giving a 78 or 79 schwinn varsity camelback for parts that didnt work.all the chrome is pretty much shot. i was wondering if it would be worth restoring or do a custom i have a few ideas. 1 slowly restore 2 sandblast everything get that spray chrome then do that anodized spray to go over them and repaint the frame 3 make it into a manta ray project with disk breaks and springer forks 4 cut the bottom bar and cut 4 inches out of the seat post stem and make a stretched small bike,please any advice welcome and ty

'worth restoring' is very subjective.

If you are talking dollars and cent...the answer is, not anytime soon.

If you are talking preserving...sure.
----
Truly, it is an uncommon frame without any real collectors value at this time in the condition you state. This makes it perfect for customizing...BMX, muscle bike, city bike, road bike... whatever you want.

However, when it comes to chopping it up...I can't get behind that, as I've been trying to get one to fall in my lap for MANY years without luck. :shake: So, for purely selfish reasons, I would prefer none of them to be cut or scrapped until I get one for myself! :grin::thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back