Schwinng LOW

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOOKING GOOD! INHO I LIKE THE OTHER CHAINGUARD THE MOST.I'D MAYBE PAINT IT, GET CREATIVE AND PUSH THE ENVELOPE...( JUST THINKING IF IT WERE MY BIKE) :mrgreen: KEEP IT UP IT LOOKS GOOD. LOVE THAT RAKE SO...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Thanks Jake. I probably would have the other guard on there but it was missing the front mounting bracket. I got this one to fit good though. Just different I guess.

rife with bikes said:
Thanks CCR. I still think it needs something else , just hasn't come to me yet.

I bought a tank from a board member.
SANY0001-16.jpg

SANY0002-16.jpg

SANY0003-13.jpg

SANY0004-11.jpg

SANY0005-13.jpg

really diggin the chainguard..
the only issue i have with low bikes that have coaster brakes is when 'if your on a low bike with a freewheel you can back pedal to avoid something in the way, if you try to with a coasterbrake 'well you know... :lol:
end up slowing way down and probably hit object in the way anyway :/

looks awsum man i like the guard a lot sweet rake tank looks great keep up the good work maybe sum short choped fenders look good just sayn it your build good job :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

rife with bikes said:
Yes it is a different ride for sure. But I like it. Think of turning my bars back over. I'm too old to be leaning forward on long rides. LOL
i hate mountian bikes and leaning forward.. im only 16 so its not age.. ill ride my Gt mach one for Miles and Miles..
i prefer bmx bikes or muscle bikes so my stuff usually ends up with similar geo :lol:
MX and Choppers for the win :mrgreen:

get/make a laid back seat post and build some dropout extenders get some more leg room :wink:

Personally I'd bolt the light to the front fender mount bolt in the fork crown. Then use the Schwinn chain guard. Also if the kickstand is too short you can always put a big fatty on back and drop the front with a 24" or 20" wheel.

Thanks. I think I will try to move the light. I've never liked it there. I have sent payment for some apes from ''Wildcat". I am at a stand still on my truck project so I'll try to do the light move first.

So This is where the bike started this morning. I don't think the bike is ratty enough so I wanted to redo the kickstand. A buddy of mine welded up some chain for some reason and gave it to me. I think he knew I would use it somewhere. And walla a new kickstand. I also had my Schwinn chain guard that had no mounting brackets so I made some with a few angle brackets I had laying around. I didn't get to the light as I had a leak on my a/c drain and had to stop to fix that. anyways I'll paint the guard later and redo the light mounting. Heres some pics. 1st one is the before obviously.
SANY0001-7.jpg

SANY0003-3.jpg

SANY0004-1.jpg

SANY0005-1.jpg

SANY0006-2.jpg

I hate plumbing. Drains fixed so back to the bike. I'm pulling the chain guard off for prep and paint. trying to keep it rough looking on purpose. I hope I don't make it look too good lol. I want it to look similar to the frame if I can. What do you guys think?

Thanks, I never even thought about leaving it blue. I just thought that I should paint it because the panther was coming through and it was blue. You have a good point. I think I'll leave it alone right now.

I found some fenders that are new and painted silver. I put the front one on and put the chrome piece that goes on top of the fork on. The rear fender will take a little trimming to make the fit. I moved the headlight also. I'll post a pic tomorrow if weathers good.

Latest posts

Back