Schwinng LOW

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This what I started with. Its a Schwinn that had a bent fork. I got it from npence here on the board.. I adjusted the front forks a ittle. I swapped the wheels for a 10.00 set of cwc painted ones with patina (rust) I like the rusty look although I cleaned these to show the pin stripe on them. They still look rusty a little though. I'll get a pic of them soon. I'll post pics as I do stuff to it but it will be a slow build as I have a lot going on.
then
schwinn1.jpg

now
SANY0035-5.jpg

Once you put tires on it will raise the bike at least 1 1/2 inches, so hopefully the kickstand will still be long enough. That fork looks awesome though. I didn't think the blade-style forks could bend that way. How did you do it?

Your right. I cut the stand to where its almost standing up straight right now. I have a car hauling trailer that has stake pockets on the side and I put the fork down inside it and put a cheater bar on it and pulled. Very easy. It keeps the forks straight too..

HEY!! HOW COME YOU'RE NOT IN THE BUILD OFF?!? C-MON BUDDY AND JOIN IN ON THE FUN...NOW GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

I have so much going on here and I don't think I could hold a candle to the talent here. We had lightening hit our house/electrical and cable etc. so I've been busy.

I'm in the same boat as you with the buildoff. I'm constantly building a bike, but mine can't stand up to the level many of the buildoff bikes are at. Plus I hate deadlines :lol:

I have a cement block/drain cover in my front yard with a rebar loop in the top. It works good to straighten a steer tube or bend other style forks, but I thought blade forks were harder to bend like that. I guess my next step is to try it. Thanks

thzts a good lookin bike! like the laid out look. whatre you gonna do for tires? big n little im presuming?

Looks cool 8) I'd like to know how it rides with those forks :mrgreen:

Me too. I need to clean and regrease the wheels and crank assy. I got some parts coming that I'd like to use on it. I'll post some pics and ask for opinions on them.

This build is super slick! Crazy how bending the forks a bit will change the entire stance and look of the bike! Looks sweet.. Can't wait to see some tires on this. Nice work so far

Thanks Zbiker! I bought some parts and have thrown some on it just to see if or what i like on it. I tried the Elgin chain guard and the Schwinn. Which one do you guys like? I'm leaning towards the Schwinn but idk. Hubcaps yes or no? Headlight is too high for me. I may make a bracket for it. give me your thoughts.
SANY0012a-5.jpg

SANY0013-9.jpg

SANY0014a-2.jpg

SANY0015a-2.jpg

SANY0016a-3.jpg

Would the light work if you flipped it 180 and had it hang down instead of up? Same bracket and all just flip it? Hard to tell with pics just an idea.

I thought about that but the light has this visor thing over the top of the light and It would look funny with that on the bottom. I'll figure it out later. I put some tires on it that I had. They're the knobby ww's. I'm not a big fan of them. I rode it and it rides good. I still need to re-grease everything. I wound up going with the Elgin guard.
SANY0020a-2.jpg

SANY0021a-1.jpg

SANY0022a-2.jpg

Chaingaurd looks nice for sure! The light isn't that bad like that, cool you got to take it for a spin.. I'm picking up my bike this weekend, maybe 2.. Found some good deals on craigslist in my area. I like the build tho.. Really cool.

Latest posts

Back