Seat / Saddle Gallery - Post Pics Here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marcus84 said:
WOW, these ar not just saddles, this is pure art. You made them? Respect.

No, I did not.

They are made by Crazy G, who revives the dying art of hand-chasing leather.
This is an incredibly labour-intensive art, all the patterns are carefully chased with small chisels and a hammer. Often, the patterns are then brought out in vivid colours. The stuff coming from her little workshop in Bremen never ceases to amaze me.

She has done work for award winning custom motorcycles and bicycles. She does work on commission, but considering how sought after her art is, you may face a long waiting list. She can be reached at [email protected] and she has her own webspace:
http://www.myspace.com/crazy.g/photos/a ... work/32153

Man, I thought you made those too.

the last couple i experimented with. trying the mountain bike shock thing

bikes001-23.jpg

bikes004-5.jpg

hoodcruiserseat002.jpg

hoodcruiserseat003.jpg

since i've made them i've had both break on me 2-3 times. i think because the pivot points are lined up right behind each other (instead of more like a triangle on a regular springer seat) the rocking back and forth sideways as i pedaled either weakened the metal at the pivot point on the seat, or broke the weld at that point. after several backtracks i think they're finally close to reliable, but i still tend to be wary of them and check the pivot areas if i plan to take a longer ride.

Baron von Zach said:
marcus84 said:
WOW, these ar not just saddles, this is pure art. You made them? Respect.

No, I did not.

They are made by Crazy G, who revives the dying art of hand-chasing leather.
This is an incredibly labour-intensive art, all the patterns are carefully chased with small chisels and a hammer. Often, the patterns are then brought out in vivid colours. The stuff coming from her little workshop in Bremen never ceases to amaze me.

She has done work for award winning custom motorcycles and bicycles. She does work on commission, but considering how sought after her art is, you may face a long waiting list. She can be reached at [email protected] and she has her own webspace:
http://www.myspace.com/crazy.g/photos/a ... work/32153

These are very interesting facts, because Bremen is very near to me. Thank you for your answer.

bon said:
rmendez, are those hanky's? +1 to your wife for a nice job:D
Thanks! It's the same print....she found some old material and decided to make a couple seat covers out of them. I have the same style in black.

Rey's pinche iPhone using Tapadatass

That Lepper saddle is incredible!!!

Tractor style trike seat
DSCN4753.jpg

reupholstered hand stich old england spring seat (in the hope to give it a boardtrack racer look)
DSCN4756.jpg

pressed and heated from skinny racing to wide cruiser (plastic seat) and reupholstered
befor
DSCN4759.jpg

after
DSCN4758.jpg

A little Argyle action from a RRBO bike a couple summers ago. Just need to figure out how to vinyl cover my seats... fortunately, it rains once a decade in Tempe, AZ!

228909_10150251025332821_148403_n.jpg

284735_10150251025152821_5629552_n.jpg

215115_10150251023852821_3013008_n.jpg

Here is the one I made for Sun King. I used one of those blue plastic abdominiser things for the base which I cut to shape, then glued some foam from a camping bed roll. Covered it with red vinyl and mounted on an ols sprung base.

3aqg0.jpg

Love the Norge!! Flashback memories of Ackroyd's Norge Repairman. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back