Seattle Old Bike Swap - Yesterday!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two days to go!

Seattle Old Bike Swap - 2012

Location, hours and driving directions

The event is being held on Sunday, March 25th, at the Meridian Park School in Shoreline Washington, five minutes north of Seattle on I-5 and less than 5 minutes from the 175th street freeway exit. We have mapped out vendor spaces in three connected areas at the school. The School cafeteria contains just under 5000 sq ft of heated and well lit indoor vendor spaces, roughly twice that amount of space is available in covered and uncovered spaces located in a courtyard behind the cafeteria and double-slip vendor spaces are also available on the school’s concrete playground for those who need the space and/or like to vend from their vehicles.

Visit the event website at https://sites.google.com/site/seattleoldbikeswap/ for a link to a Google map of the site and driving directions.

Vendor Spaces

We are now sold out on our indoor and outdoor covered vending spaces but we have plenty of uncovered outdoor space available for our event so potential vendors can turn up on the day of the event and we will make room for you.

The Bike Corral

We are also continuing the tradition of having an indoor “bike corral” for individuals who want to bring one or more bikes to sell but don’t want to man a booth. Bike corral information and pricing is now available on our event website

The Buzz

Many items from the Ron Summer Colson collection will be at this event for sale and we are expecting several bikes out of a high-end estate to be at the event, stay tuned for more information!

Good turnout expected

I have spent a good deal of time over the last three months (hence, a lot fewer posts here and on the CABE sites) advertising our event in the greater Puget sound region and we have handed out well over 1000 flyers to interested individuals at several bike and antique events and our email list for the event is now nearing 400 names.

Pre-Functions

Another traditional feature of the Seattle Old Bike Swap is a Saturday gathering for both local and interested individuals who are planning to be in town a day early. This year we plan to visit three collections between noon and about 10 pm with stops for lunch and dinner along the way. Logistics dictates a limited number of spaces on the tour so if you are interested in hooking up for the Saturday events you can email us to get on the list for itinerary information

Re: Seattle Old Bike Swap - This Sunday!

Look forward to the event.....
Bright and early Sunday.....

I wear a distinctive black cap. The bad thing about these events is that it doesn't make sense to ride my bike there.

I will be the one with a sign on my backpack seeking old mountainbike stuff.....

mrfritz said:
I wear a distinctive black cap. The bad thing about these events is that it doesn't make sense to ride my bike there.
A couple of years ago we actually had one of the vendors arrive by bike with his good's in a trailer and a couple of frames over his shoulders. Still it is probably better to arrive with a truck to cart off your finds.

And....

Kickstand Magazine has supplied us with 150 copies of their latest issue to hand out for free at our event. Drop by the swap staff booth on the stage to get your copy while they last! The magazines also include a card to order a subscription to the magazine at a special discounted rate.

It’s the Day After and I had a great time, we had a few last minute hitches (One of the members in our “staff” entourage lost her car keys moments before we were off to the event to mark the swap floor so we ended up doing that while people were loading in.) The event grew in vendors and bikes from last year and you could have gone home with anything from an Ordinary to a Ratfink, with plenty of motobikes and balloon bikes in between.

I’ll be posting some of my photos soon.

Anyone else have any stories or photos to share?

Here are two,

This bike was repatriated to the U.S. from Canada via the S.O.B.S.M. Bike Corral.

And this satisfied S.O.B.S.M. customer is shown taking advantage of the special Ordinary Only Parking provided by new bike friendly legislation recently enacted in our city.

Latest posts

Back