Sex change for the Evans Colson. "Hombre" Done! Estodo!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I gotta admit, I hadn't noticed that bulky upper rear stay until I saw the close up pics. Taking just that one little aspect into consideration, I really like where you took it, nice fluid lines... otherwise that rear stay piece would have just been hanging there.
You're not alone on the spaceliner's, not really my cup of tea either... I mean you wanna give me one I'll take it, just don't think I'd ever actively pursue one.
As far as the welding prices go, I guess I should just get off my lazy butt and hit a couple local shops rather than waiting till I need some welding done...

Thanks for the kudos.
Also may be worth hitting up a local trade/tech school.

Got the bars in a vinegar peroxide salt wrap trying to rust/patina the new metal.
20140606_165820.jpg

It wall always be a Girls Bike. Just Customized or... with Surgery. But still always a Girl. :crazy2:

I like the fenders. But I do not think I could deal with 1" off the ground. I could deal with maybe 3" off the ground. My luck would be that work and catch it and bend the fenders. That low will not even fit on my bike rack. and
Thanks for the info on rust.

It wall always be a Girls Bike. Just Customized or... with Surgery. But still always a Girl. :crazy2:

I like the fenders. But I do not think I could deal with 1" off the ground. I could deal with maybe 3" off the ground. My luck would be that work and catch it and bend the fenders. That low will not even fit on my bike rack. and
Thanks for the info on rust.
It's a boy! It's a boy! It's a boy! (Maybe some pink Kool aid in his inner tubes) Haha. Yep, it's low, but did compromise, they're 1 1/2 off the ground ☺ Probably won't be riding any wheelies or jumping curbs, it's for cruising only. Never thought about a bike rack because I don't own one, I just put it in the back of my truck. It's all good though.
20140609_121047.jpg

Its a Great Bike.... Looks better than a Boys bike. Nice style.
I always wondered why they have the low opening for girls and no opening for guys. We (Natural Born Guys) have more to lose if we fall. I think maybe because Girls wore dresses and skirts riding a bike.
I just jumped on the wagon, cause I believe that bono resembles a guy a little. But....
I just tell people my re welded bike is just a "cool rider".
Out of the choices how to weld the bars in. This is the coolest choice. No Doubt.
I also like that you were still able to use the same fenders that came with the bike.
Thanks again for this project post Junkie!

Its a Great Bike.... Looks better than a Boys bike. Nice style.
I always wondered why they have the low opening for girls and no opening for guys. We (Natural Born Guys) have more to lose if we fall. I think maybe because Girls wore dresses and skirts riding a bike.
I just jumped on the wagon, cause I believe that bono resembles a guy a little. But....
I just tell people my re welded bike is just a "cool rider".
Out of the choices how to weld the bars in. This is the coolest choice. No Doubt.
I also like that you were still able to use the same fenders that came with the bike.
Thanks again for this project post Junkie!
Thanks a lot, it's always fun hearing people like your stuff. I say it's done, but when is a project ever really "done" right? Haha. Thanks for checking it out!

Latest posts

Back