Sex change for the Evans Colson. "Hombre" Done! Estodo!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also heard there's a trick you can do with a six pack of beer to induce rust...:rolleyes:

Oh no! My insides must look like crap then!

Man, that really turned out well! The geometry is perfect and flows like it's always been just like it is.
BRAVO!!

Holy Crap!:13: That rust trick really works it over good huh?! I still think my method would be more fun, not to mention the shock value when the nosey neighbors see you whizzing on your bike:crazy:

Diggin' the heck out of the fenders, not very condusive to doin' wheelies though?

... and yes, it looks like a boys bike... a boy who spent way too much time hangin' with the bad kids smokin' outside the cafeteria!:cool2:

Holy Crap!:13: That rust trick really works it over good huh?! I still think my method would be more fun, not to mention the shock value when the nosey neighbors see you whizzing on your bike:crazy:

Diggin' the heck out of the fenders, not very condusive to doin' wheelies though?

... and yes, it looks like a boys bike... a boy who spent way too much time hangin' with the bad kids smokin' outside the cafeteria!:cool2:

Ahh, hence the six-pack!
Hehe, yeah, wheelie no bueno.
And you like the bikes attitude huh? Glad the bike puts off a good vibe for ya!

Man, that really turned out well! The geometry is perfect and flows like it's always been just like it is.
BRAVO!!

Thank you sir. Thanks for the advice, this should be getting moved to the "other" thread. I've been inspired by a lot of bikes here and by the kind words of a lot of members, and would like to give a big thanks and two thumbs up for that.

Finally decided on a name for this bike, Hombre, which translates to "man" in Spanish. Sticking to my Southern California roots, I thought it would be appropriate in a couple ways. Kinda has a low rider feel and with the additional top tubes, it looks a lot more manly than when I found it (her) decked out with a basket and that steep head tube angle. That being said, I've decided to throw my hat in for BONINE.

Finally decided on a name for this bike, Hombre, which translates to "man" in Spanish. Sticking to my Southern California roots, I thought it would be appropriate in a couple ways. Kinda has a low rider feel and with the additional top tubes, it looks a lot more manly than when I found it (her) decked out with a basket and that steep head tube angle. That being said, I've decided to throw my hat in for BONINE.
Oh come on! I like "Seniorita Chaz" better;)

Love the finished bike. Gender bend done very well, and the rest of the touches (low seat, low fender, etc.) are great.

Thanks Deven, this bike almost got parted for wheels and fenders. I had no idea it would ever be where it is right now. Pretty cool that now I have another bike that I totally will ride and hang on to because I was inspired by the people and bikes on this site.

20140610_194500.jpg

Now you're just getting weird... post operative butt shots , come on! Hey wanna see my hernia scar?:rofl:

Latest posts

Back