Shakedown (Pin Striping done!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Shakedown (Almost done 7-15)

dogdart said:
I love the latest additions , those mud flaps are going in my "stolen ideas " file :wink:

I've got a few borrowed ideas from other builds. You just have to make them your own to fit your style. There are so many excellent builds all over this site, it is hard not to borrow a few.

raggedjim said:
Tell you dad he did a great job on your build! :mrgreen:

just kiddin', your bike looks great, and you are lucky your dad is around to help. My dad died this winter, it's been kinda hard on me.

Rg
It has been a blast building with my dad. Haven't had this much time with him since I was 18 and building race cars :mrgreen:

mrflagman said:
raggedjim said:

just kiddin', your bike looks great, and you are lucky your dad is around to help. My dad died this winter, it's been kinda hard on me.

Rg
It has been a blast building with my dad. Haven't had this much time with him since I was 18 and building race cars :mrgreen:

Good deal! Now you need to buy him his own rat to rod.

raggedjim said:
mrflagman said:
raggedjim said:

Rg

Good deal! Now you need to buy him his own rat to rod.

Haha...he already told me he has ideas :shock: Not sure I want him beating me at my own game :mrgreen:

Wow...thanks for all the kind words. I had to kinda chuckle the other nite when I was taking pics for here, dad was taking some on his cell to show his buddies at work at the same time. :mrgreen: 8)

That's cool that pops is proud too!!!

Re: Shakedown (Details 7-24)

Got some cool vinyl done this weekend. 8)
This is a replica from my dad's 46 Ford :D
0065.jpg

My take on the Columbia theme :mrgreen:
00510.jpg

The view from the back. I wanted to give the impression of tail lites. Also have the leather license plate mounted.
0075.jpg

I have a few details to finish up. I hope to be done by this weekend.

Nice work! :D I like the decals, especially the "Oliver Built" one :mrgreen:

Great stickers man!!!!
Super build!!!

Very cool stuff!

Just out of curiousity, I've seen those apes on other builds before, but can you measure from the floor to the top of the grips and tell me what that measurement is? Mine are at 5' 7"

yoothgeye said:
Very cool stuff!

Just out of curiousity, I've seen those apes on other builds before, but can you measure from the floor to the top of the grips and tell me what that measurement is? Mine are at 5' 7"
Mine are 5' 2"from the floor. Actually about right for me. I am 5'8". I took Shakedown for a shakedown ride tonite. A pretty comfortable ride. So close to done I can almost taste it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

ANYBODY GOING TO THE SYMCO SHAKEDOWN THIS YEAR? AUG 10TH AND 11TH.

I went last year and brought a couple of bikes - met up with a bunch of other people with bikes. Nice work on the bike, Greg. Like the work that you've done so far!

Re: Shakedown (Pretty much done)

I think Shakedown is done. Anything more would get cluttered. I few pics to tide you over until I get the finished photos.
Neat horn I got at a swapmeet last winter.
0066.jpg

The original headbadge. Couldn't forget what I started with.
00411.jpg

62" from the floor to top of bars :mrgreen:
00213.jpg

Completed flathead. Grancor was a company started by Andy Grantelli. We did a little research to come up with something different.
00511.jpg

A little "shakedown" ride 8) Much more comfortable than I thought it would be.
00313.jpg

Re: Shakedown (Pretty much done)

Great job on a fun build!
Bravo!!

Re: Shakedown (One final progress pic)

I wanted to show one final pic before posting my finished thread. The proud builder and his dad :D
061.jpg

Peatbog said:
Working with your dad--that's makes the whole thing worthwhile.
This was the first fun project we have done together in a lot of years. He's helped with the sucky ones. But this was all in fun.

Great build and father son story!!!

Latest posts

Back