Shimano 3 speed cable end holder thingy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone point me in the right direction. Looking for the part that holds the end of the cable to keep it from moving while shifting. Hoping that there is a clamp on one and it wasn't something that needed welding on. this is what I am talking about.
20210509_173447.jpg

If this is what you are looking for, search Ebay "Shimano fulcrum clamp"

View attachment 157128
Sorry it's for the cable housing holder. It's the shimano positron 3cc. It holds the end of the cable housing to keep it from moving while shifting. It has the solid wire for pushing and pulling instead of the twisted cable.

Sorry it's for the cable housing holder. It's the shimano positron 3cc. It holds the end of the cable housing to keep it from moving while shifting. It has the solid wire for pushing and pulling instead of the twisted cable.

What does your bell crank look like? The end you show is secured directly to it via the circlip.

What it looks like assembled. No fulcrum involved. Cable from shifter direct to bell crank. Appears you have everything.
Positron type.jpg

does your end in the picture have a circlip or not?

What it looks like assembled. No fulcrum involved. Cable from shifter direct to bell crank. Appears you have everything.
View attachment 157141

does your end in the picture have a circlip or not?
Yes I feel stupid now guessing that I had cable running the wrong way thru the bell but that was how it was when I bought it :headbang:

The problem I ran into with a solid-wire Shimano setup was that I couldn't figure out how to change the length of the cable. The plastic end pieces (see posts 1 and 6) seemed to be permanently attached to the housing. That meant that I was limited in types of handlebars and height of stem because I had to work with the existing housing length. Switched to a flexible cable rig as shown. Now I can go crazy with HB's!

spaceliner cable.jpg

The problem I ran into with a solid-wire Shimano setup was that I couldn't figure out how to change the length of the cable. The plastic end pieces (see posts 1 and 6) seemed to be permanently attached to the housing. That meant that I was limited in types of handlebars and height of stem because I had to work with the existing housing length. Switched to a flexible cable rig as shown. Now I can go crazy with HB's!

View attachment 157332
I ran into the same problem I just slid it all the way down the handle bars next to the stem. It seems like this cable was meant for a 20" bike

Latest posts

Back