• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shimano Nexus 8-speed 26" wheelset SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very lightly used 26" wheelset: stainless steel spokes with alloy front hub and Shimano 8-speed roller-brake rear hub COMPLETE with roller brake, locator washers for Schwinn cruiser frames, left/front brake lever and integrated shifter/rear brake lever with all cables, ends/hardware, etc. etc. etc. included.

Brake rub on front rim cleans right off, I'm just lazy. Rims are "red" though not a bright cherry red, more a subdued not-quite-ripe tomato red. I wouldn't recommend trying to put these on your existing red frame as they likely wont match- go for something contrasting like black, blue, yellow etc. The pics make them look more pink than they are :) Chances are these were built by Electra as my pops had a buddy in an LBS who used to buy wheelsets from them as 'warranty replacements' for him back before they were acquired by Trek.

THIS A COMPLETE TAKE-OFF SYSTEM READY TO BOLT ON YOUR SCHWINN (or others with similarly angled dropouts- the locator washers come in many different angles if you want to put these on a different frame). EVERYTHING IS HERE except a front brake.

$275 shipped domestic

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Latest posts

Back