shiney

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a few more pics. mock up almost complete cant decide if i want to run the chain gaurd. thats the only thing keeping it from being complete
Shawn098.jpg
Shawn099.jpg
the pictures dont do any justice for the paint. the orange is really deep with fine gold flake

dirtbagg said:
Notice the homemade strut rod in the photo, made from 5/16 roundbar and automotive groundwire connectors
I am so going to steal that idea! Nice thinking.

Hugo

sandalscout said:
Looks good, awesome idea on the bars, mind some close ups on those? ya know, so we can steal the idea? :D

bars? do you mean the strut rods? if so i made them from 5/16 round bar i got from home depot. inserted into vise, took a few measurements(threw those out the window, decided to just eyeball it), a little bend here and a little bend there and wahlaa. got the automotive ground connectors from autozone, stuck them on the end to mount to front axle, filled with sauter and installed on bike. the bike came with one originally, the hanger to hold it to the headtube was
on the bike when i got it. ill get close up photos of it and post them soon.

Nice job. The orange with black is a great color combo. The homemade strut is something I might have to retrofit to one of my bikes.

Latest posts

Back