Shoestring (DONE!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked out my main image just earlier this morning. Now I just need to go through the rest of my photos to decide what else I'll add to the finished thread. I'll also try and get the ride videos edited and uploaded too.
BftD_Shoestring_FINAL_main_SCALED.jpg

Last edited:
Well done mate. Wicked rat with my favourite custom headlight from this build off. I struggled with my kickstand too yesterday. Enjoy,

Last edited:
Well done mate. Wicked rat with my favourite custom headlight from this build off. I struggled with my kickstand too yesterday. Enjoy,
Thanks! That headlight's probably my favorite part of the whole build. HAHAHA! I was wondering when someone was going to mention the kickstand! Yeah, it's good enough to keep the bike from falling over most of the time, but it leans too hard to one side for good photos. Plus it kind of gets in my way while pedaling. If I have to change one thing on this bike, it's the kickstand for sure. Thanks, will do!

The kickstand on my bike is exactly the same and I think it is down to the weight of the heavy fenders the bike didn't originally come equipped with. It was in harmony with the clouds that rolled in early during my photo session killing a lot of my good photos. The best kickstand I have on one of my bikes is an old steel American one that came with my heavy 1939 Roadmaster. You push it in and then kick it back. I can send you a photo of it if you like.

The kickstand on my bike is exactly the same and I think it is down to the weight of the heavy fenders the bike didn't originally come equipped with. It was in harmony with the clouds that rolled in early during my photo session killing a lot of my good photos. The best kickstand I have on one of my bikes is an old steel American one that came with my heavy 1939 Roadmaster. You push it in and then kick it back. I can send you a photo of it if you like.
I'm sure adding a 2.125"-wide tire in the rear played a part in messing with my kickstand. That said though, part of me wonders if this was even the original kickstand for the bike.

What really sucks is I had a box of dozens of kickstands, and I sold the darn things along with some other parts a couple years ago. Looking back, I wish I hadn't done that. I guess you never know what parts you need until you sell them all.

Sure, send me a photo of your kickstand!

Latest posts

Back