Show me your cool little details! ~:The Little Things:~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I've been surfing here now for a few weeks, have a good mind of what I want to do with my own rig after
having seen some of the masterpieces in the RRBBO forums and folders.

I have also noticed, in passing that there arent many threads pertaining to JUST the neat little additions
and details some of you Wrench Junkies like to use.
[For example: GasKills "Dead Little Dove" -RRBBO Anything Goes- and the Brakes being used as the horn honkers for the front
assembly, The Back Brake handle on "RATTLED" -RRBBO8-]

Id like to start by asking you knowledgeable folks what your favorite additions on the bikes here are?
From Absinthe Spoons for Back Brake bracers, to cross-hairs and a propeller on the handlebars..
I think we can all agree its the fine little details that make a bike really special, even if not OVER-loaded with
extras.

I want to say my favorite detail on any of the bikes here Ive seen so far would have to be ..
The Mile Gauge/ Speedometer on "Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez" -RRBBO8-
but you know.. thats just today~
I cant wait to see what sticks next!

What are your Fav. Details ?
[Zombie]

I'll post up one of my most recent details that I'm proud of, to get this thread going. A motorcycle light that I stuffed some LEDs in to get it working:
IMG_2749_zps7d7f50ee.jpg

IMG_2748_zps0f5c0609.jpg

I REALLY enjoy the challenge of re-using unusual items on my builds. My latest favorite doodad is my Brake Actuated Water Can Spout Gangway Horn that I fabricated for starsNbars in RRBBO9. I also used half a brake caliper and a front derailleur cable guide to route the horn cable.

WP_20140803_14_27_26_Pro_zps06e010f6.jpg

Here is a VIDEO of it working before I painted it (click on image below)
th_WP_20140714_19_54_45_Pro_zps42c5ecf7.mp4

These are Super guys! Keep em Rollin!
I love the sneaker, despite not being a crusty, rusty addition.. it was perfectly placed, and deserves Kudos

I like zip ties but they just did seem to be "another cool detail" on my builds. Then I thought I would like to use some kind of strap. I did. Toe straps.
b09318fbced4fe985ad26499d2e00738.jpg

And I flipped the brake levers around and used grip tape instead of grips. The cables run beneath the grip tap,providing a nice contour for my hands to grip.
0e78b6faa33f3a6c5b3a19b9b94e78af.jpg

I am probably gonna use a face shield on two other builds and then go in a different direction. The headlight is from a scooter - I think.
1e66d82d9a509a926e56f7c91e31cdca.jpg

Who doesn't like shiny aluminum spikes? I also flipped the stem upside down. It looks a lot more complicated that way.
0fa3ee5945d89e8645c76d98735840f3.jpg

- by Gigmata

I think the details and overall brilliance of the build above is understated heavily., with BoardTrack being the most noticeable trend in the Bike world to my eyes since I've begun, this hit each and every key element of a cool bike with a moving style that in this Fashion I would revisit time and time again. Its an amazing overall bike, Gigmata, and the effort you put into the key elements shows. :soapbox:

I think the details and overall brilliance of the build above is understated heavily., with BoardTrack being the most noticeable trend in the Bike world to my eyes since I've begun, this hit each and every key element of a cool bike with a moving style that in this Fashion I would revisit time and time again. Its an amazing overall bike, Gigmata, and the effort you put into the key elements shows. :soapbox:
Hey FZ,

Thank you very much for your kind words. Putting together these bikes is a true labor of love for me. This bike is very special to me. Instead of going nuts with Felt decals I used my own. Each time I try to out do myself. That is a very good challenge and proving more difficult but that won't stop me from trying.

If you PM me your email I will send you some higher resolution photos. I doubt this thing will sell on eBay so I will likely keep it. That means even more photos of it in the future. Again, thank you.

Gig

- by Gigmata

Hey FZ,

Thank you very much for your kind words. Putting together these bikes is a true labor of love for me. This bike is very special to me. Instead of going nuts with Felt decals I used my own. Each time I try to out do myself. That is a very good challenge and proving more difficult but that won't stop me from trying.

If you PM me your email I will send you some higher resolution photos. I doubt this thing will sell on eBay so I will likely keep it. That means even more photos of it in the future. Again, thank you.

Gig

- by Gigmata

I'll get at you as soon as Im settled in for the days work., I usually hop on early for a few and come back in the evening but more than well deserved compliments., you have something great there and all in all, I think it'd be a shame to see anyone else snapping that bike with the love you obviously have in and for it. I'll get at you this afternoon, certainly! Thanks, Gig

Latest posts

Back