Show me your fixed gear bikes. Any fixed wheel bicycle is allowed.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to ride fixies a lot back in college but got away from it for about 6 or 7 years since my last rig. I just build up a Bianchi Pista robbing the wheelset and from my Bianch San Jose. I forgot how fun these things are, especially actual track "oriented" bikes with the tight geometry and short wheelbase. Twitchy and fun!

I like that Green Schwinn, and that Chrome Schwinn is pretty sweet. All way to tall for me! What are you like 7ft tall?
The first pic was a blue 1977 Super Le Tour 12.2 that died when a friend and I were struck by a hit and run driver in September 2007 in Santa Fe Springs, CA. It's the bike that hooked me on riding fixed. The greenish (grass reflection?) "Schwinn" is a re-badged chrome Mercier Kilo that was one size too small for me. Some character in San Leandro, CA owns it now.

I'm just a tad closer to 7' than 6'. Very few stock-sized bicycles fit me.

Last edited:
Here is my other FlipFlop Set up as SS. A Trek 700 from i think 93. Another craigslist find. It had a set of apes and the biggest cloud nine seat ive ever seen, with a gross shaggy seat cover. every part was toasted when I got it, but I only wanted the frame. The apes and big seat were a bonus. I recently got a newer used rear wheel, and has a 18t cog that replaced the 16t wheel i had on it. The last wheel was a ghetto SS made from freewheel and a bunch of spacers. Still need to throw a couple extra links in the chain. Has a decent Surly flip flop hub. This has been a really cheap build, and was going to be my not a big deal if it gets stolen bike, but I fell in love with it first ride. I still want to get a better seat post for it.
IMG_20220430_115222.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully there will be another chrome frame for this thread.
I just bought a 1980s KHS chrome frame that I’ll use for BO17.
I’m typically a rust rider. Those of you with chrome, did you clear coat it. I don’t see the point, but if it helps with the shine or protection then maybe I’ll look into some stickers/ graphics and a clear coat on top.

Hopefully there will be another chrome frame for this thread.
I just bought a 1980s KHS chrome frame that I’ll use for BO17.
I’m typically a rust rider. Those of you with chrome, did you clear coat it. I don’t see the point, but if it helps with the shine or protection then maybe I’ll look into some stickers/ graphics and a clear coat on top.
I have a couple polished aluminum frames that have been clear coated from the factory, to protect the decals. The frames are from the mid 90's and yeah the old clear coat looks pretty gross 30ish years later. Oh that reminds me. Anyone know where I can find some Mongoose Rockadile decals, or a good place to maybe have them made?

Latest posts

Back