Show me your older 26" mtb, turned modern day gravel grinder.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'93(ish) Mongoose Rockadile
20210825_070847.jpg

:giggle: Onespeed confuses the gravel folk, they ain't expecting it! What's your gearing? Any off-gravel plans? Always curious how deep into it these drop bar bikes can go. I'm terrified on the drops, the tops seem too narrow, the hoods are my only spot, feels like old school bar ends, but with brakes you can reach!

:giggle: Onespeed confuses the gravel folk, they ain't expecting it! What's your gearing? Any off-gravel plans? Always curious how deep into it these drop bar bikes can go. I'm terrified on the drops, the tops seem too narrow, the hoods are my only spot, feels like old school bar ends, but with brakes you can reach!
In that configuration it was 38/20 but only because I couldn’t find a magic gear and had to run a Surly tensioner. I’ll probably go 40/18 or 40/19 with a half link chain in the next iteration

Those drops are Easton road bars I got from Carl but when I rebuild this bike I’ll plan to use some 46 or 48 flared bars. I almost never use the drops. Hoods for life

Dropbars scare me I have short little arms and fear my head is going to bang off the stem. The more I see the single speed more I want to build one. I have an orange and black speckled gt frame I've been dying to do something with

Dropbars scare me I have short little arms and fear my head is going to bang off the stem. The more I see the single speed more I want to build one. I have an orange and black speckled gt frame I've been dying to do something with
ORBO!

Latest posts

Back