Show Off Your Finished Huffy Cranbrook's and Nel Lusso

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love seeing these Cranbrook's all decked out...Show off your finished cranbrook here!

DSCF4171.jpg

vanilla_gorilla said:
theres no 26 krazes they only have the flames in 26x3 as far as ive seen

That's what i have found as well. I can tell you from experience that 26X3 flames do not fit on a cranbrook frame without a little "modification" :lol:

schertztx said:
vanilla_gorilla said:

That's what i have found as well. I can tell you from experience that 26X3 flames do not fit on a cranbrook frame without a little "modification" :lol:

to tall or to wide ?

twistedmentality said:
schertztx said:
vanilla_gorilla said:

to tall or to wide ?

Too wide. You have to let some air out and jam it in between the narrowest area of the chainstays to get the wheel in the dropouts then pull it tight against the back of the dropouts. Even then, if your wheel isn't exactly true, it rubs on the chainstays and I haven't even tried to put a chain on it yet. :D

schertztx said:
Too wide. You have to let some air out and jam it in between the narrowest area of the chainstays to get the wheel in the dropouts then pull it tight against the back of the dropouts. Even then, if your wheel isn't exactly true, it rubs on the chainstays and I haven't even tried to put a chain on it yet. :D

Good luck, I had to hammer the snot out of my frame. I have brand new, very true rim on there and from time to time, for no apparent reason it will start rubbing. I may add a half link, I've got room on my dropouts.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
schertztx said:

Good luck, I had to hammer the snot out of my frame. I have brand new, very true rim on there and from time to time, for no apparent reason it will start rubbing. I may add a half link, I've got room on my dropouts.

Oh I'm not going to leave mine like that, I cut some dropout extensions with the plasma the other day and I should have them welded in place and trued up this weekend.

Latest posts

Back