SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tuff_stem_black.jpg
[/quote]

PORK CHOP ALSO!

Last i checked, the Helix site is sold out of basically everything.... Is someone else offering their products on a different site?
PORK CHOP ALSO!
Anyone here is using the Helix stems.??
I'm debating to get one or just spend the money on old skool Tuff Neck or Pro Neck stems..[/QUOTE]
I got that same fork on my Emory.... it's pretty BA. Your Schwinn looks hott; what kinda bars are those?

I didn't realize they were sold out.. I was thinking they still sold them.. Well I guess this helped me to go with the origenal Tuff or Pro necks stems..

The bars are felt. I bought from motostrano. Pork chop bmx stem. I just had to have a set of odi mushroom grips like back in the day, but now I realize they are a little short for my hands these days.
The fork is nice but It looks a little weird on the Schwinn, since the frame tubes are thinner than the fork. It's ok they are nice, not some junk and the price was pretty decent. I couldn't see spending more on an old 26" bmx fork just for that slight difference.

Jamesdart, I think the oversized tubes of that fork look hardcore on the old Schwinn with it's skinny tubes. The bike is obviously not original, and definitely modified, so the beefy forks seem "right", imo. I put the same set on my Robo-built Emory. I like the varying thickness of the tubing on the various parts of the frame and the fork.

As for the Helix stems versus the ones Porkchop is selling: Porkchop is selling the quill stems as "Dia-Compe", which makes sense because Dia-Compe is a firm that actually makes stuff still. It is entirely possible that Helix contracted Dia-Compe to make theirs, as well, with a different logo. I notice that Helix used to offer an inverted version, and a rounded off Pro-Neck style, whereas Porkchop only offers the standard stem. At any rate, both stems are completely frank knock-offs of the prized Tuf-Neck stems from BITD, so it stands to reason that they'll look very much alike, regardless of who made them.

Incidentally, porkchop is selling the Dia-Compe quill stems at a discount ($68 shipped) if you buy them on eBay, rather than from porkchopbmx.com ($79.99 shipped).... So, if you're thinking of gettin' one, the time is now.

Personally, I'm looking at the new-production Nitto MX-7 stems...
812_1866.png

The Nitto MX-2 is more squared-off, if that's your thing:
1264_2031.png

I like how the Nitto stems have the top plate sit flush with the rest of the head....

Yeah, I do like the tapered tube on the fork. Those stems are cool. I didn't see much out there that was too appealing to me for a quill stem so I just bought the pork chop. I wish they sold them in the tuff neck pro flavor I like those a lot more.

Last edited:
Yeah, I do like the tapered tie on the fork. Those stems are cool. I didn't see much out there that was too appealing to me for a quill stem so I just bought the pork chop. I wish they sold them in the tuff neck pro flavor I like those a lot more.
Whatcha got on that Typhoon, a threadless adaptor and the us-made pork-neck? Don't see a lot of threadless adaptors in black....

Rear tire must have popped a few cords. The tread got all funky looking and it started tearing apart down the tread. I thought no big deal same kenda tire from Niagra is just 10 bucks. It came yesterday about 1" shorter and 1/2" narrower but same tire, same size... Only smaller.

Rear tire must have popped a few cords. The tread got all funky looking and it started tearing apart down the tread. I thought no big deal same kenda tire from Niagra is just 10 bucks. It came yesterday about 1" shorter and 1/2" narrower but same tire, same size... Only smaller.
Really? I never saw the "tractor" tread K80 in anything but the 2.125" size....

I'm gonna have to take a pic. I shouldn't expect much for a 10$ tire, but I'm still mad. one looks like a baloon tire, the other like a middleweight. Both have the same size on the sidewall.

Latest posts

Back