Show your "Dream" muscle bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being new hear and trying to get acquainted n learn, I've read through 120 of the most recent threads. By far the most popular has been..
"show your muscle bikes"
Started in November 2008! I was clueless how many amazing works of art the Stingray craze of the mid 60's n early 70's produced!!!
I was five in 1963 and lived in
El Cajon Ca. Just west of San Diego. I had a banana seat bike, black bike, white seat... Schwinn? Huffy? Penguin? I'm having my sister look through old photos. I'll post later if she finds one.
Back to the point of my thread, my dream bike if I was still eleven would be this Huffy Rail dragster looking bike... (Photo says it was on eBay) and at 58 years young this rusted up Huffy would be the ultimate RatRod bike.... (Photo off this sight) All I'd do is grease up the moving parts, new seat, grips, cables n tires n hid the road!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 272
Mine would be the Mag Wheel Huffy, it is a way cool bike. I had the chance to see one in person a friend had, it was super cool. Let me find a picture of it.

Or a minty Huffy Wheel maybe, I have a few project Wheel bikes, but when I say projects, they are PROJECTS ha!

CORRECTION!!
My sister informed me that at 5 when we lived in El Cajon, most likely my bike had training wheels!
Come on sis, this is a muscle bike forum....lol The bike I was remembering was in 1965 when we'd moved to Whittier Ca. Here's a picture with my younger sister on it.
Can anyone identify it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 283
The Huffy Rail bike you saw on Ebay has original Top Fueler forks on it. I made the rear mag wheel but the owner installed it to the rim. It was a high dollar build. I believe he did sell it. A very cool bike.

The Huffy Rail bike you saw on Ebay has original Top Fueler forks on it. I made the rear mag wheel but the owner installed it to the rim. It was a high dollar build. I believe he did sell it. A very cool bike.
It looks like a high dollar bike!! n Nicework on the mag wheel...

Or a minty Huffy Wheel maybe, I have a few project Wheel bikes, but when I say projects, they are PROJECTS ha![/QUOTE]

Save those Wheel projects. They might be making a new turn...lol

The mag wheel is a copy of the Sport Mag wheel they sold. I had it made to fit a 5 speed huffy hub. They will fit a 5 speed disc brake hub by Schwinn in their original shape.

Restoring a Huffy Rail was my "White Buffalo" that got me into the hobby, and I did that 2 years ago. ('71 'The Judge' in my sig, if you want to see the thread)

I don't really have a goal anymore. Something I can find, put the work into for not a ridiculous amount of money, and bring back to life. I got an AMF Aerobee, which I've always admired, and that will be my Class 1 entry to the MBBO5. My Class 2 will be a 26" Ross Barracuda, which is another bike I've always admired.

I would love to have an Iverson RoadRunner.
original.jpg

Latest posts

Back