SIDEBOLT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So will a brakey thing off a trailer do the send fluidy stuff to the roundy roundy slowing down bits?
figure you can add a two handed handle to the end of te cylinder that the bit that goes over the tow ball so when in full panic stop mode the harder you lean back on pull the better it works.

Looks great to me!

Luke.

Perhaps you've been welding without your welding helmet...

Looking good,glad I could make the trip up and meet you,how you going for tubeing? I have some frames I can cut up if need be

Sent from my VF685 using Tapatalk

Might have to take you up on that... think it'll need some strengthening. :39:

Also, I'll need to make some bars and they'll need to be quite big :rolleyes:

So will a brakey thing off a trailer do the send fluidy stuff to the roundy roundy slowing down bits?
figure you can add a two handed handle to the end of te cylinder that the bit that goes over the tow ball so when in full panic stop mode the harder you lean back on pull the better it works.

Ahhh, no.

The mastery type cylinder thing is from the sameish time period that the round rolly things and the drummie type stoppy things come from, so will match up nicely… I hopey.

I'll make some sort of levery type handley thing to actuate the stoppy bits, probably with some sort of ratchitty mechanism.

It's quite safe to say, that this buildy-wuildy will not make it to the deadliney-winey.:crazy:

Glen.

I will get to curing up some tubeing and I think I have a rread mill handle bar at work,around 2.5ft wide and the same swept back,90degree bend,hope they are still at work,I can get 2" short lengths of tubeing if that's better than bike tubeing

I will get to curing up some tubeing and I think I have a rread mill handle bar at work,around 2.5ft wide and the same swept back,90degree bend,hope they are still at work,I can get 2" short lengths of tubeing if that's better than bike tubeing

Thanks... anything you can spare would be great and appreciated.

I'm still waiting on the brake line and fittings, then I'll need to get a flaring tool to do the lines. And I might get a large sprocket made at a local water jet place to use those chains I showed you.

Cheers,

Glen.

Thanks... anything you can spare would be great and appreciated.

I'm still waiting on the brake line and fittings, then I'll need to get a flaring tool to do the lines. And I might get a large sprocket made at a local water jet place to use those chains I showed you.

Cheers,

Glen.
just reread my post,its a bit misleading I ment to say 2" diameter tubeing and will be 1.5 to 2 foot long and the handlebar is from a treadmill

just reread my post,its a bit misleading I ment to say 2" diameter tubeing and will be 1.5 to 2 foot long and the handlebar is from a treadmill

Yeah, I did manage to decipher your previous post and figured that was what you meant. A treadmill handle bar would probably be a good size and any tubing would be gratefully accepted.

I assume you are planning on sending through work, so let me know if you need reimbursement for shipping cost.

Glen.

Perhaps you've been welding without your welding helmet...

Might have to take you up on that... think it'll need some strengthening. :39:

Also, I'll need to make some bars and they'll need to be quite big :rolleyes:

Ahhh, no.

The mastery type cylinder thing is from the sameish time period that the round rolly things and the drummie type stoppy things come from, so will match up nicely… I hopey.

I'll make some sort of levery type handley thing to actuate the stoppy bits, probably with some sort of ratchitty mechanism.

It's quite safe to say, that this buildy-wuildy will not make it to the deadliney-winey.:crazy:

Glen.
Ahhhh....hahahha! Thanks guys for that witty exchange....got my morning off to a good starty ...!

shame you didnt get there in time Glen,the plus side is now you have time to do it without a deadline and take your time,if you make it down my way you can have a look at what I have,one thing i have which is always good for custom builds is a heap of different nuts/bolts/washers/spacers and everything in between(non-bike specific),keep building my friend

Major creation here, amazed you got this far without more workshop tools available. I like what you have so far and will look forwards to seeing progress as it happens.

Looking forward to more when it happens, I love this build!

Luke.

Thanks Luke.

I'm not sure if or when it'll get done as I'm not that happy with the frame. When I grab it and shake, it flexes and twists like billy-o. The wheels are just so heavy. I'll probably continue and try to get it rideable as is, but it really needs the rigidity of the RHS I think. :39:

Perhaps, if allowed, I might re-do it in the next build off and this time go with the RHS as originally intended.

Glen.

22 March 2016 – The long awaited update.

So it's been ages since the last post and I've been doing a bit of work on SIDEBOLT off and on over the past few months.

Here are some progress photos...

052_FrameWork.jpg

053_MC_Mount.jpg

054_BrakeLeverPivot.jpg

055_JackshaftParts.jpg

056_JackshaftParts.jpg

057_JackshaftMount.jpg

058_JackshaftMountParts.jpg

059_JackshaftMount.jpg

060_JackshaftMount.jpg

061_JackshaftMount.jpg

062_Jackshaft.jpg

063_ChainTest.jpg

064_FrontBrakeline.jpg

065_DriveChain.jpg

066_Levers.jpg

067_GearLevers.jpg

068_GearLeverPivot.jpg

It's apart now and I did some welding on the frame but ran out of wire. I've had a 102 tooth sprocket made and will soon reassemble it all to see if it's going to be rideable.

I was going to start from scratch with SIDEBOLT for Build Off 11, but decided to just go with what it is and move on. I've got something else in mind for B.O.11...

Glen.

Latest posts

Back