BO15 SIMPLE GREEN ((*Bringing it to the finish line*))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What sort of metallurgical trickery is this? How can that be the beginnings of a handlebars?

Couldn't get the nanner seat in quite the right position to use the chopped down sissy. And I didn't want to try and use a layback post since it wouldn't sit down far enough for my liking. So custom offset post it is!

Setback 4" on center
1593611447068.jpg
1593611798710.jpg
1593611449583.jpg
1593611795288.jpg
1593613924073.jpg

Bada bing, bada boom
1593613926960.jpg

Very nice work!!!
I have one similar to that somewhere in my parts stash, but not done as well as yours.

To some of us, you two guys are speaking a foreign language right now. A detailed step by step please on how you created this cool design! :nod:
Go to youtube and look up Skech Art. He does these wild universe spray paint pictures, uses either glossy magazine pages or plastic bags to get the effect. Saran wrap is a good idea.
See you in 3 hours, 1 hour of watching the videos, then youll run out to garage and gather up all your spray cans to try it out.

Go to youtube and look up Skech Art. He does these wild universe spray paint pictures, uses either glossy magazine pages or plastic bags to get the effect. Saran wrap is a good idea.
See you in 3 hours, 1 hour of watching the videos, then youll run out to garage and gather up all your spray cans to try it out.

Been there, done that. Between him, Jon Barber and ETOE it's endless

I think it's almost time for assembly. I've given the clear longer than normal to cure due to the humidity we've had for the past few weeks.

Finally got the correct headset after 3 attempts

IMG_20200724_102351528.jpg

I'll have to modify the seat post. Guess I forgot to account for the depth of the seat bracket. Will need some taken off so it lays closer to flush

IMG_20200724_102517287~2.jpg

Couldn't get the nanner seat in quite the right position to use the chopped down sissy. And I didn't want to try and use a layback post since it wouldn't sit down far enough for my liking. So custom offset post it is!

Setback 4" on center
View attachment 128033View attachment 128034View attachment 128035View attachment 128036View attachment 128037

Bada bing, bada boomView attachment 128038

More like “bada bing - bada BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alrighty then.........I think we can commence with assembly later this week! Might have a few doo dads and gee gaws that still need paint or details, but I think we're there

Whatzup with the build? Any updates? 8 days left.

Whatzup with the build? Any updates? 8 days left.

Life has been in the way lately. Household stuff, emptying out a storage unit, getting my oldest off to college. Managed to flip 2 more bikes (and rebuild 2 for neighborhood peeps), but the green machine still awaits

I need to just set aside time this week and knock it out. Assembly and minor fiddling

Last edited:
I think it's almost time for assembly. I've given the clear longer than normal to cure due to the humidity we've had for the past few weeks.

Finally got the correct headset after 3 attempts

View attachment 130165

I'll have to modify the seat post. Guess I forgot to account for the depth of the seat bracket. Will need some taken off so it lays closer to flush

View attachment 130166
Huh! I always move the seat clamp out to the nose, of course most of my seats are roont to begin with...

Dang-o! this is a good looking bike!

Love the color and all the fab fab details. Hope you finish for the BO- I want to see it assembled!

I'll see what I can muster

Latest posts

Back