Single layer paint removal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ingola

Canadian Collection Connoisseur
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this bike was from India it was used in the day after tomorrow with Denis Quaid lol film crew painted any idea how to remove the one layer of paint
Screenshot_20220209-182524.png

I doubt they took the time to strip or prep surface

It looks like the red is original and all the doodads and stars were painted on. I would try the least abrasive cleaner first, like a plastic scrubber and some dish soap to see if that might work, then try alcohol and maybe nail polish remover.
But maybe it's good like that, a piece of movie history. I think your bike is the third bike in this pic:
1644487103654.png

Yes it is I got a really good deal he had 60 of those bike not even sure of the make they painted it over the head badge. It's black underneath.

I also got a box of pumps and frame locks
received_4387439414693407.jpeg

Sad story actually he has to sell it because he's closing due to COVID. There was a bike boom but he's a small shop and couldn't keep up with tires tubes and parts lost a lot of money because his clients went to larger stores that had buying power

Screenshot_20220210-074204.png
Screenshot_20220210-074109.png

I few better shots if you look you can see where the black scratched off

It's an Arpan not same idea steal and solid last 50 years with nothing done to it.

Latest posts

Back