BO15 Skyrider AKA "The American Gentleman"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also agree with you on the skinny tires, it looses visual weight compared to the wider ones. Maybe a fat back/skinny front combo could add some muscle to the look
I was thinking that too but the problem is that the front will clear the fatter tire no problem, the chainstays are the problem. They rub like crazy. Only way to fix it would be to bend the frame out an inch or to extend the dropouts somehow.

I was thinking that too but the problem is that the front will clear the fatter tire no problem, the chainstays are the problem. They rub like crazy. Only way to fix it would be to bend the frame out an inch or to extend the dropouts somehow.
GuitarlCarl has a no-weld dropout extension trick. Not sure if it would suit this build

That’s so weird that 2.1s won’t fit a middle weight frame from that era. I’ve also always liked the look of a fatter tire, but I think it looks good with the 1.5s also. It IS a “Skyrider.” With a model name like that, maybe it’s supposed to be more streamlined? Have you tried 1.75s on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s so weird that 2.1s won’t fit a middle weight frame from that era. I’ve also always liked the look of a fatter tire, but I think it looks good with the 1.5s also. It IS a “Skyrider.” With a model name like that, maybe it’s supposed to be more streamlined? Have you tried 1.75s on it?

No I haven't but also don't have any. I bought both on eBay and really don't want to buy a third set of tires.

No I haven't but also don't have any. I bought both on eBay and really don't want to buy a third set of tires.

Let me check my tire stash. I might have a pair. I think a lot of the ones I have lying around are 1 3/4 for S-7 rims, but I might have some others. I’ll DM you if I find any.

Calling it done!
IMG_20200624_100619557_HDR.jpg

Latest posts

Back