(Slammed Trike) doing the finishing touches...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like alot of fun.
I should be lots of fun....

I ordered the four flanged bearing I need to rebuild the rear axle. Now I need to fab up the two new bearing mount points get the old bearings off the axles. The new three speed hub mount point also needs to be made. Lots of work to do on it.

Looking good. Love the tractor seat pan!!
I don't think you have to worry about any torqueing or twisting of the frame. It looks like pretty decent geometry to me.

Ok, I need to start rebuilding the drive train and I am running into a few issues. First is I have to attach the final drive sprocket to the new (used) hub body. Below you will see I had to cut it off the original hub an S3C.

Original Hub 1.jpg

Original Hub 2.jpg

Original Hub 3.jpg

It was in the trike like this...
Diagram.jpg

Columbia Tricycle 4.jpg

Both Hubs 1.jpg

Now here is the new hub and I found that the final drive sprocket doesn't want to go on the hub drive side of the hub. It is also the side you have to undo it to remove the gutts to the hub. I'm wondering if it really matters if the final drive sprocket was mounted at the other end of the Hub Shell? I would then either flip the differential over or put the final drive cog on the other end.

New AW Hub 1.jpg

Final drive Sprocket 1.jpg

Rear Axle 1.jpg

:113: very nice!

Well got my new axle bearing install and the back frame all welded up then ground down to clean it up.

Here is a mock up of the chain line.
Drive Train Mock up 1.jpg

The yellow line I drew in is the hub to differential chain line. Then the blue lines on each side of the differential is where I will mount two new bearing that wasn't in the original setup.

I haven't checked up on you in a while. Moving along I see. I love the seat. Sorry I can't help much on the axle. What about that adapter you posted to me and go with disk brakes. I had to cut my old axle out and the only one I could find that was 15mm so now I'm dealing with that size and it's issues. Good luck and I'll hit you up if I come across anything.

Have your looked at Staton Inc website. I'm going to get my freewheel hub adapter from there and gonna make and weld a rotor adapter to it for my brake. They may have something you can use.

Latest posts

Back