Snow storm

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The highway is closed today for a 60 mile stretch along Lake Superior because of high winds and lake effect snow. The two week forecast says cold, snow and rain every day but one. It’s 15.5F out now, up from 15F two hours ago. I went outside and my eyeballs got achy from the freezing wind. Stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again.

The highway is closed today for a 60 mile stretch along Lake Superior because of high winds and lake effect snow. The two week forecast says cold, snow and rain every day but one. It’s 15.5F out now, up from 15F two hours ago. I went outside and my eyeballs got achy from the freezing wind. Stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again.
View attachment 189289
Above video was taken Sunday. It’s now Thursday and it’s been either snowing or rain/snow/slushing ever since then. Today its turned into a blizzerd that they are saying will last two days. It snowed all day yesterday but it was lite, didn’t matter. Twenty miles north of here they got 6 inches of snow. We’re almost out of fire wood. We‘ll have to turn on the furnace. The Red Polls are so hungry that thay have come down from Canada in mass to attack our feeders. They must have run out of seeds up there.

Last edited:
I just got back from a 40 mile round trip to the post office. It’s been 30F all day and blowing. They didn’t bother to plow, their hoping the man that put it there will take it away. There was very little traffic, the road was narrow from drifts so you just slowed down from 40mph. It was heavy slush with drifted snow on top so any faster and you got tossed around. I used our 4 wheel drive truck as that rolls better over the frozen ruts better than our AWD SUV.

We got a snow dusting last night. It’s very sloppy out there.
61A5B600-896B-481B-841B-E119AC930819.jpeg

We're in the weird inbetween, t-shirts yesterday, scraped ice off the windshield this morning. Freeze thaw flood freeze. Repeat.

Now it is just being ignorant. Yesterday, my drive home was warm and sunny, so I had the windows open. This morning we awoke to another frikkin snowstorm. And I forgot to close one of the windows.😖

Now it is just being ignorant. Yesterday, my drive home was warm and sunny, so I had the windows open. This morning we awoke to another frikkin snowstorm. And I forgot to close one of the windows.😖
Today, but it was much worse two years ago today.
7919F238-D8A5-43F4-A9F4-2C7A5A06A274.jpeg
602AD793-8F33-4977-8B74-D6F23123EFDC.jpeg
FC514C1C-7881-4037-B6D9-172C387FA8E8.jpeg

Exactly two years ago.
6FE82F96-F2D9-4C44-968D-1A270718AC01.jpeg

Latest posts

Back