Sold two bikes in two days!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Central New York State near the Erie Canal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had started this a month ago - I just sold an ugly pink (but in good shape) Huffy ladies bike for $60 yestyerday. Today I sold a Sears trike for $150.
What do you think is a good asking price for a working but unrestored Schwinn Typhoon with a two speed hub? I have two of these upstairs in the garage.

I've never sold a bike in my life. I guess that's why I have thirteen in the garage, and two other storage areas, not sure how many in those.
Prices are pretty tough to figure out these days. They are way higher than even a month ago. It's a good time to be a seller. Depending on how you look at it, can be a good time for buyers too, prices are up, but this market is shaking some choice pieces out of people's collections

Sometimes bikes are just parts, but sometimes a bike has nice paint and usually try to pull interesting parts replace em with useful but less valued parts. You have to realize the disruption that has caused new bikes to be scarce also causes new parts to be scarce as well. One of my unsold flip bikes has been blown apart already.

My bikes usually become parts. Rarely are they kept for resale or use as is. Unfortunately the market has been neutered in a lot of cases by the rush for bikes during the pandemic. I see people selling Cranbrooks for $50 over Walmart pre COVID prices. And people are buying them! :shake:

I would have to say +2 on "shaking some choice pieces out of people's collections" tho.
index.php

index.php

Latest posts

Back