Somerville NJ 7/30 build off bike Debut

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a BBQ and a road trip this coming weekend.
Two weeks later i'm on vacation.
That leaves me free for the 30th.

But,...I still need to complete one of my bikes, so....the race against time is on.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=40.56885,-74.612274&spn=0.016658,0.027509&z=15

The shopping center has lots of parking, but might be pretty packed.
Cruise night itself is all down main st,....and you can imagine that parking anywhere close to downtown is difficult.
I'm not 100% sure where the concert/music is done, their schedule says the 31st at the court house lawn.

Since parking is so tricky, i'd suggest we simply try to meet somewhere on central Main st, between Doughty and Bridge st.

feuerdog said:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=40.56885,-74.612274&spn=0.016658,0.027509&z=15

The shopping center has lots of parking, but might be pretty packed.
Cruise night itself is all down main st,....and you can imagine that parking anywhere close to downtown is difficult.
I'm not 100% sure where the concert/music is done, their schedule says the 31st at the court house lawn.

Since parking is so tricky, i'd suggest we simply try to meet somewhere on central Main st, between Doughty and Bridge st.

shopping center doesnt exist anymore its a huge fenced off hole in the ground.
try not to park on main street to save more spots for cruisers.
you can park in the municipal lots behind main st. or on a street one over like high street.
im thinkin we can meet at the courthouse since its fairly obvious which building that is.
(the giant white marble one with the gold lady on top)

Wow really?! It's been a couple years since I've been downtown.
Meh, no loss, it was a crappy shopping center anyway. :D

I've been to the Thai resturant which is there ,...or at least used to be, near central Main st(great Thai Iced Tea), and there used to be a decent Cuban place down the street to the west.
And like I said, over on the other end of town is Uncle Vinnies, probably the best little calamari/oyster/seafood joint i've been to in NJ.

If we meet at the Court House,....the corner of Bridge and Main has a little clock tower which is right there in front of the Court House, it's a fairly easy and centrally located landmark.

I have family obligation that day but will try to meet you guys at the courthouse 6pm. Have any other info/ cross streets for me? I'm coming from Toms River.

bighit said:
Hotrodjen is in with her build off bike and 1 other builder. So that's at least 4 build off bikes. So far so good. I know bigcam is local so that will bump us up to 5. Looks like a winner.
I am coming.Unfortunately I lost my transportatiuon for the Tiki Time Cruiser so I can't bring my build-off bike,but I will bring my lowrider.

Unfortunately, my lowrider rat bike won't be ready, let alone rideable.

I still need to fix/modify the banana seat and seat post so that my butt is over the rear wheel and able to support my weight. The original plan was to put in a suspension shock, but my yard sale'ing has been limited. A wooden seat might work but my fab time is too limited.
The crank arms are chopped, but the pedal taps I got were the wrong size, so unless I can source some 1/2" threaded pedals, which I thought I already had, I have no way to pedal.
Failure of planning on my part, and a little bad luck.

I still plan on coming up on friday, but I might not be bringing a bike. :(

feuerdog said:

I still need to fix/modify the banana seat and seat post so that my butt is over the rear wheel and able to support my weight. The original plan was to put in a suspension shock, but my yard sale'ing has been limited. A wooden seat might work but my fab time is too limited.
The crank arms are chopped, but the pedal taps I got were the wrong size, so unless I can source some 1/2" threaded pedals, which I thought I already had, I have no way to pedal.

you shold bring any bike ! :) i'll have a extra bike with me might be my mens 54 shelby flyer 26" .. im pretty sure it will be that one if you want to ride you can have at it

feuerdog said:

I can bring an extra bike if you need one, just let me know.
crank.jpg

I also have a crank you might be able to use...brand new, short 6 1/2" arms, chrome and twisted, it was originally made for lowriders. I'll toss it in the trunk. 8)

Dr. Sizzle said:
Is this strictly a ride or is there beer and stuff at some point?
like someone stated above i think its will be a little bit of riding and alot of bs'in hahaha theres a car cruise going on and a few bars on main street im pretty sure there will be beer involved for some of us at some point in the night

HotRodJen said:
Dr. Sizzle said:
Is this strictly a ride or is there beer and stuff at some point?
like someone stated above i think its will be a little bit of riding and alot of bs'in hahaha theres a car cruise going on and a few bars on main street im pretty sure there will be beer involved for some of us at some point in the night
Works for me! :D

Well, thought for sure I was going to make it up there tonight but instead I'll be stuck at home.
My car just took a dump on me and me weekend. I'm thinking about organizing a big bike ride and show
in September at Cooper River Park in NJ. Would anyone be interested in attending?

Sorry dues and dudettes, a combination of a bad frida at work combined with some unplanned activities the past few days made it too difficult for me to attend,...let alone work on any bike stuff this past couple days.
I really wanted to go to this GTG.

I hope everyone had fun, and took some pics?

I think I saw a concert and fireworks at Cooper River Park once, it would serve well as a bike gathering spot.

Latest posts

Back