Son of the Thunderer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read about and watch your builds more than any other on here Gig, Its your builds what prompted me to order my new felt and I hope I get the opportunity to make it half as good as any of your bikes!

Screen shot 2015-01-08 at 11.36.00 AM.png

So cool! You and I must have grown up in the same era. My dad bought me a Huffy Thunder Road when I was a kid and I was also a huge fan of Evel Knievel. Great work. Seeing your Huffy tribute takes me back to my youth.

What a masterful job on the bike and such an eloquently written story to explain its genesis. Thank you for sharing.

Maybe with the improved bike, you can finally persuade your mom to assist you with a jump.;)

Awesome bike, story and photos. Thanks for taking the time to put together such a nice post.
It was my pleasure Randy. I used to do a lot of writing but for several reasons I became quite discouraged with it. Now that I am building bikes again, I feel that I should tell the stories that went along with the building process. I appreciate your comments. Keep riding.

AMAZING! Love the story behind it ! Keep the killer work coming !
I am going to throw my hat in the ring for WBO 2015. The build will be called, "The Switch-a-roo." It requires aluminum 12g spoke nipples. I am spending my evenings trying to hunt them down. No luck yet. I have an anodizing place lined up to help with some color.

- by Gigmata

Truly ...... bike and cool story.

I wish I was able to keep the bike that my dad built for me.

He found a Raleigh Chopper and rebuilt it, painted it black with custom gold lettering on it.

When we moved to the USA it got left behind.

I build bikes now for my kids and they love every one of them, with the subtle touches I put on them

Truly ...... bike and cool story.

I wish I was able to keep the bike that my dad built for me.

He found a Raleigh Chopper and rebuilt it, painted it black with custom gold lettering on it.

When we moved to the USA it got left behind.

I build bikes now for my kids and they love every one of them, with the subtle touches I put on them

Maybe it's time to re-create your chopper. :)

- by Gigmata

Latest posts

Back