SOUL CATCHER (final stretch!!!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SOUL CATCHER ( second half of build started)

I found these the other day, from my best guess their out of a big truck motor
IMG_20120623_225647.jpg

did a little mocking up tonight
IMG_20120623_230155.jpg

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

Ive been tossing around ideas for the axle/ frame of the trailer. I think Ive just decided to build this and attach it with pipe clamps at the top and have springs mounted back by the bike axles
trailer.jpg

I havent figured out how it will attach to the bike as of yet. anyone have any ideas?

Go over to http://www.bikeforums.net . They have a big thread on home made trailers with all kind of attachment methods.

Ok I havent worked out the kinks in the trailer wheels but decided to come up with a hitch for mounting the trailer to the bike and heres what Ive came up with. The neck will be cut off and the mounting bolt will be where the brake was
hitch mount #1 an old light weight fork
IMG_20120709_200328.jpg

hitch mount #2 mountain bike fork
IMG_20120709_200237.jpg

Re: SOUL CATCHER ( Hitch ideas)

Decided to go with the blue fork for the hitch, to just figure out how to bolt it up, but that can wait till after work

There are a few like that on the bikeforum.net trailer thread. I seam to remember seeing some people use the male and female sections of air compressor connections for the union.

Yeah that should work. I thought you were talking about how to connect it to the trailer arm.

Didnt get the hitch or trailer built yet but taking SOUL CATCHER and some Fat Tire up to our alumni weekend party in the park.

Re: SOUL CATCHER ( fat tire amber ale break)

I figure I need some inspiration to finish the build so what better way then having a few fat tires with some old friends.

dragnusa said:
I figure I need some inspiration to finish the build so what better way then having a few fat tires with some old friends.

Cheers

IMG_2230.jpg

Nice one king, thought of you when I picked it up. Its the first time Ive drank it and was rather impressed. I think they should do some limited edition bottles with bikes from here on them

Another option for trailer wheels compliments of a buddy that runs a lawn equipment business in my town.
IMG_20120714_173630.jpg

the brackets should bolt on to the trailer without an axle so this will do for now.

Re: SOUL CATCHER (trailer progress)

Finally got my mind back into the build and worked on the trailer, Decided for now to just go with the mower wheels.
heres the progress I made today.
Top pieces
IMG_20120722_180105.jpg

getting the sides on
IMG_20120722_190333.jpg

getting the sides on and decided to see what it would look like with the wheel in place
IMG_20120722_201114.jpg

another look at wheel placement and shape
IMG_20120722_201121.jpg

all together
IMG_20120722_202650.jpg

one wheel mounted
IMG_20120722_213201.jpg

still need to get the other wheel mounted and seal it all and paint it.

Cool soul catcher there.

I had to put a divider in it for dry and wet storage plus the divider will double as a back rest when I have it set up for kids to ride in. I was talking to one of my friends about what I should do to finish it before the build off was over and all he said was K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid lol. so for now that

Latest posts

Back