Source for powdercoated spokes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know a good source for affordable black powdercoated 14g stainless spokes? Preferably a place that will cut and roll them, so I don't have to pay my LBS to do it?

Thanks!

Rooski said:
Anybody know a good source for affordable black powdercoated 14g stainless spokes? Preferably a place that will cut and roll them, so I don't have to pay my LBS to do it?

Thanks!

Are you willing to consider oxide coating?

-rob

They have to be glossy, and stay glossy, to match the other wheel on the bike. It's an Electra Ghostrider, and the original spokes appear to be powdercoat. From what I've been told, typical black SS spokes are blackened by some special process. They are matte, and flatten over time as the oils from the process wear off.

What's this "oxide coating" you're referring to?

Rooski said:
They have to be glossy, and stay glossy, to match the other wheel on the bike. It's an Electra Ghostrider, and the original spokes appear to be powdercoat. From what I've been told, typical black SS spokes are blackened by some special process. They are matte, and flatten over time as the oils from the process wear off.

What's this "oxide coating" you're referring to?

I'm not sure of it's chemical composition, but black oxide coated SS spokes= the "special process" you'd referred to; definitely a matte finish.

Good luck; it'd probably be easy to find for 20" wheels, but keep trying!

-rob

Thanks Rob!

Yeah, seem to be more popular in the BMX world, but I did find one online vendor I'm not familiar with that also offers them in 300mm, but I would have to get them cut and rolled locally. My LBS does have the machine, and last time they charged me $10 to do 36 spokes. I'm just looking to see if I have any other options.

Latest posts

Back