space-E-liner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The inside of the chain guard is a bit rusty. After I treat it, I'll decide whether to keep it as is, or paint the inside blue to tell the world it's electric. A bit of blue trim here and there will add to the e- persona.
Huh. I never knew that the 'blue' was an indicator.

LOL, Lee. Now you'll see those little blue indicators everywhere you go, It's like when color tvs first came out. The manufacturers always had a little color badge on the set, just to let people know.

LOL, Lee. Now you'll see those little blue indicators everywhere you go, It's like when color tvs first came out. The manufacturers always had a little color badge on the set, just to let people know.
I remember that color logo. We got our first color TV in September of 1969, when I was in 8th grade. On the first kickoff of our first game of the year, I picked out the only 200 lb guy on the other team (I was 115 lb soaking wet) and took him head on. I knocked him off his feet, and we went down in a heap, with him landing on top of me with my arm caught under me at a weird angle. Broke my wrist.

My parents felt so bad for me, that they went out and spent money on our first color TV so we could at least WATCH football in living color, even if I couldn't play it in my first season ever.

Man diggin those bars with the frame and slingshot and forks and...
Where did you find those bars anyway? Always liked them, and their Italian cousin the Condorino

I remember that color logo. We got our first color TV in September of 1969, when I was in 8th grade. On the first kickoff of our first game of the year, I picked out the only 200 lb guy on the other team (I was 115 lb soaking wet) and took him head on. I knocked him off his feet, and we went down in a heap, with him landing on top of me with my arm caught under me at a weird angle. Broke my wrist.

My parents felt so bad for me, that they went out and spent money on our first color TV so we could at least WATCH football in living color, even if I couldn't play it in my first season ever.

Great story, Lee. I would have taken that incident as a message from the universe telling me to find another sport!

Great story, Lee. I would have taken that incident as a message from the universe telling me to find another sport!
Nope, not me. I was back the next year and played all the way through two years at the college level. But it did leave me with some lasting 'memories'; bone spurs, cracked scapula that still tells me when it's about to rain, and some sports injury induced arthritis. But it was worth it! :21:

I added some blue: spacers on the top of the springer coils, the back of the chain guard, and a little blue reflector on the end of the rack.
20210515_094155.jpg

I always liked those chrome monark springers. Nice choice.
I used the same stem/bars combo for Flexy. It works well with these frames. Someday I'll build out my Spaceliner frame. I miss having one to ride.

Hey Steve, nice job on the bobbed fender and I'm digging the chromed fork as well. Any recent 'electrifying' news on your build?

Unfortunately, the Monark-style chrome springer just wouldn't work with the fat motored wheel. I tried a few different forks, but finally settled on a triple-tree 1" threadless, disc ready. I've been bad at documenting my tribulations, but I'll be posting some final pics tomorrow or the next day.

Well, I finished the whole project this morning. I've been multi-tasking: let me show you my other project, which I acquired in early April. I've been fussing over it constantly, giving it a good cleaning, changing the oil, having the struts replaced, removing nasty window tint, etc.
IMG_3276.JPG

842.JPG

839.JPG

Don't know if I'll be hauling old bikes home with this Allante; guess I'll have to keep my Tacoma.

So, back to the spacEliner: I had to use a triple-tree fork (disc ready,) that would accommodate the front hub wheel/motor. The Ruff Cycles seat pan, which I had hoped to leave unupholstered, was downright torture, so it now has a cushy cruiser from a trek cruiser . The front fork setup necessitated a large 180 mm disc rotor. It works great. So great that I have to apply the rear (original) coaster brake before the front, or I'll go flying over the handlebars. Took her for a test ride and she is smooth, silent and zippy. I'm done, guys. Now I can sit back and watch you all work your magic. Have fun. I did.

818.JPG
819.JPG

820.JPG
822.JPG
823.JPG
824.JPG
832.JPG
833.JPG

That is the thing with front motors, you need a sturdy fork.
Can that bag go behind the seat tube? It gets a little cramped in the triangle with the battery and the bag.
I quite like the whole combinbation of silver parts. Awesome stem and bars. Great overall vibe.
I am curious about your headlight choice.

Latest posts

Back