Spaceliner serial number

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'd like to break down the serial number for my Spaceliner. My Spaceliner came with the small tank. Also did Spaceliners come with a chrome kickstand?
502: Sears
469020:
969460:
Thanks,
Kenny
img_2348.jpg

Thanks guys for the comments. I got my chrome forks today. :mrgreen:
Kenny
img_2352.jpg

kensmurray said:
I'd like to break down the serial number for my Spaceliner. My Spaceliner came with the small tank. Also did Spaceliners come with a chrome kickstand?
502: Sears
469020:
969460:
Thanks,
Kenny
img_2348.jpg
I have been looking at serial numbers for a few other Higgins owners here lately and by looking at the catalog numbers I would say that yours is a 1964. This came with a regular Bendix coaster brake. It sold for $56.85 and could of been upgraded to a 2 speed automatic shift for $8.00 more. This came with a Torsion spring-action front fork. According to the catalog everything was chrome plated except the jet-sweep tank, fork tips and rear carrier. Hope this helps. Leo

Thanks Leo.

Today I bought Spaceliner 502 469020 503836. It has a rat trap springer fork, rear rack and everything is clear-coated chrome. Unfortunately, I need the "7" front tank / light. (It has the front welded-on brackets to hold the light on).
Can anyone decode this serial number?

Note: The middle number is part of the Sears catalog #. '46901' was the number of the '64 Deluxe chrome frame, 46903 was the painted frame version, 46902 shows in the '66 catalog as the deluxe. There was always a '0' or '1' at the end, reasons unknown. Sears went from a 4 digit to a 5 digit # in '63. ~Adam

Latest posts

Back