Sparta

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new project. I need a bike for work so I found this trash - a Dutch bike of the brand Sparta. It has a few original parts like the grips, bell, cranks, but it is overall bad. Last guy who touched it didn't know what he was doing, for example the rear tire is backwards, it has an arrow to point in the right rotation direction... The positive is that the frameset is OK, so I have a cool starting bones. It is a 28" 622 mm.
IMG_20220311_201453.jpg

IMG_20220311_201543.jpg

The fork is for a drum brake hub so it will get such a wheel. The kickstand is worn out at the joint so it will be replaced along with the rack. I will use the one with the moto stand.
IMG_20220312_161531.jpg

The pedals are stuck in the crankset so the crankset has to go.
The shifter is with the brake on the right side.
IMG_20220312_165320.jpg

I will use this older, but way nicer model. I have a normal brake lever that will go on the left as usual.
IMG_20220312_161457.jpg

The seat is OK and it can stay. I already have replaced the original quill stem and bars (horribly twisted to one side probably because of a crash) with a quill to ahead adaptor and other bars.
IMG_20220312_165343.jpg

It also has this cool drive train cover that I might keep.
IMG_20220311_201723.jpg

IMG_20220312_165334.jpg

The long bolt from my crank puller doesn't fit, it is a bit too thin, but it also looks like the tread is different. I have the feeling that at one point someone used a m bolt, no idea which size yet.
I have decided to leave them alone for now. I installed the rack and the new front wheel, but I don't have the screws to connect the brake so I have to wait for them to arrive.

Last edited:
The long bolt from my crank puller doesn't fit, it is a bit too thin, but it also looks like the tread is different. I have the feeling that at one point someone used a m bolt, no idea which size yet.
I have decided to leave them alone for now. I installed the rack and the new front wheel, but I don't have the screws to connect the brake so I have to wait for them to arrive.
Yes it is a special size bolt, not sure what it was. Fine threaded M12 or normal M12, if i remember correct.

Might be a normal m12, judging by the thread. I left them for now. I am done with the rest. I have to take it for a test ride later and will shoot a few pics. But I installed a drum brake front wheel and connected the brake to a lever left on the bars. I installed the old shifter and I also bolted the rack and removed the original kickstand.
I have to mount and connect the lamps still.

Latest posts

Back