SPEEDBALL TUCKER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. Looking forward to all the creative stuff and fun. I am in. I have no idea at this time where this build is heading. I may not get time to start until June Here it is, a Murray cantilever frame is where I will start. This build will be built with parts I all ready have. ( low cost). Have fun
73FD5C49-C5BD-4BA3-A1F8-D71DFD3B0CCF.jpeg

Pointy tail Murrays are a great platform. Have fun.

Welcome back to the RRB BO annual fun, @tucker ! You've got a solid frame to start with, the possibilities are endless! RaT oN~!

I got some time to through a few parts at the bike.( the wife’s list is going to suffer, it’s ok we have not had a good fight in a long time. We’re due). I got some wheels and tires together and threw on a fork. So far so good, I like the skip tooth drive and fender.
BA3961FB-4455-4771-AD0C-FBE5F0A260C7.jpeg

Looks great! This cracked me up:
"I got some time to through a few parts at the bike.( the wife’s list is going to suffer, it’s ok we have not had a good fight in a long time. We’re due)." :21:

Do you have a crankset to go with that skip tooth cog? I've got a couple I would give up, but I see you are in our friendly country to the north. Not sure what shipping cost / time would be?

shipping cost
To Canada?Too much. Getting things across the border is ridiculous. Several deals have fallen apart for me due to shipping. I even paid for a new set of bars from a reputable manufacturer, shipping and everything, charges went through on credit card, and got an email from the warehouse the next day. They wanted to add $28 to the shipping I had already paid. Order cancelled. That's not how to do business

Oddjob I have some skip tooth parts, thank you for the offer
Matti you are so right about the shipping costs. I used to order parts from Chain reaction in England Through the post office. They changed there shipping to use only 1 company. The price almost tripled and there was always a “ oh by the way addition to the total”. I am lucky that I have a decent inventory and don’t order very much. Thanks

I got some time to through a few parts at the bike.( the wife’s list is going to suffer, it’s ok we have not had a good fight in a long time. We’re due). I got some wheels and tires together and threw on a fork. So far so good, I like the skip tooth drive and fender.View attachment 192034
That’s gorgeous.

Oddjob I have some skip tooth parts, thank you for the offer
Matti you are so right about the shipping costs. I used to order parts from Chain reaction in England Through the post office. They changed there shipping to use only 1 company. The price almost tripled and there was always a “ oh by the way addition to the total”. I am lucky that I have a decent inventory and don’t order very much. Thanks
I know I get the same thing. I try to find everything in Canada.

The fat crank looks great on the skippy.

l got all of my May projects out of the way, now back to the build. I put a seat and some handle bars on it. It took a while to find bars that were crusty enough, all the others were too shiny. The seat is to high will have to lower it and maybe use a seat with a lower profile. It looks like a bike now, so with the mock up done I will be concentrating on the details on making it rideable. I had sometime to look at the fantastic work being done on this build off. great stuff.
7261B535-CD9B-46FA-801E-BB6BEDC73FDE.jpeg
7B45F888-2386-47FE-A864-810093E133D7.jpeg

l got all of my May projects out of the way, now back to the build. I put a seat and some handle bars on it. It took a while to find bars that were crusty enough, all the others were too shiny. The seat is to high will have to lower it and maybe use a seat with a lower profile. It looks like a bike now, so with the mock up done I will be concentrating on the details on making it rideable. I had sometime to look at the fantastic work being done on this build off. great stuff.View attachment 195736View attachment 195737
You could rotate the seat bracket to move the seat forward and slightly lower.

Thanks for all the encouragement and ideas. Wildcat I did try your suggestion with the seat clamp and oddly enough it raised the seat? Thanks for the suggestion i need all the help I can get. I have been working on the rear fender and trying to do something different for the brackets. I am not sure the dice are the thing I am looking for I may paint and distress them. Thanks

Attachments

• 24DB9257-757D-4959-A8E5-499DDE2286F9.jpeg
    24DB9257-757D-4959-A8E5-499DDE2286F9.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 29
  • B1241CD3-05D7-4238-9930-66FBEA49FAA3.jpeg
    B1241CD3-05D7-4238-9930-66FBEA49FAA3.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 19
  • FE36DB41-F553-482D-81FC-99811A3A69C8.jpeg
    FE36DB41-F553-482D-81FC-99811A3A69C8.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back