Splat Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those tires went on my number one bike, so 2 more sets are already on order. The food was great!

food.jpg

I put the new tires on finally. I took a pic of the springer flanges to show how the wheel goes in. One side must be taken off for the wheel to come out, no slots, just holes for the axle. The two forks are too rigid to spread apart at the axle. You can see where the washers fit the inside of the fork so the bolts won't drop out even if it comes a little loose. I don't tighten the outer locknuts, just snug them up and there's no side to side play at all, and the spring action is pretty solid. And a look at the underside of the springs.
flanges 8 jan 22.jpg

new tires2 8 jan 22.jpg

springer bottom 8 jan 22.jpg

I posted the above, started to scroll up and POW there was the pictures of your beautiful Monark fork build. Great job. Let us know how well the fork works. Again I'm impressed with your splatter paint job. Good looking bike.

I finally did a ride on Splat Rat more than just around my neighborhood. About 5 miles or so before it got too hot to ride. Along the boardwalk and the beach at the Subic Freeport Zone. It held up well, my only complaint is the weight. On the hard packed sand and gravel it did fine though.
subic bay 3 31 Mar 22.jpg

I redid it as a comfort cruiser today. The frame had been hanging up for awhile as I stole parts off it. It's lighter and easy to ride so it will get some road time this year. I had to raise the handlebars so it wouldn't poke me in the stomach. Maybe some apes would work.

26 Jan 23 makeover.jpg

Latest posts

Back