Sportmaster? HELP!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is all they way back in the drop outs, you will prolly have to air down putting it on w fenders... I had to push to get it in without

Same frame...
IMG_0751.JPG

2.125's.. not sure on fender clearence.. could prob go a lil bigger even.

I really like what you did with the headlight. Gonna 'borrow' in the future..

No, thank you! since this is my first build I don't have the luxury of a lot of spare parts like most of you guys...That is most of the reason I have all the questions, I don't have any extra tires in different sizes to just throw on and see. So rather than order new parts and find out it won't work I ask here first. Now, if only could find a way to get a donation box going for spare parts... :21:

Same frame...
View attachment 38804
2.125's.. not sure on fender clearence.. could prob go a lil bigger even.

I really like what you did with the headlight. Gonna 'borrow' in the future..
Been cold and raining here all week...I'm gonna get you some up close pictures of the bracket and how i mounted it this weekend. only a small cut off the bracket

That frame set off the want for one myself, 808 got next one, someone got a very cool Hawthorne version, had no center bar, and a tank hanging!!
I had to get next one asap.
Really cool see the different styles.
If ur near LA I have plenty parts....
I troll Craig's for parts bikes... Maybe to mutch.

Think about a lay back post, it'll stop you from kneeing yourself in the chest as you ride ;)
I have a layback post that shipped today from @slowriderz ! it's a 90 degree bend. I'm in Spokane...I have nothing as far as parts go. only high end road bike parts for my road racing bike. gotta find a way to build up a parts collection

In my opinion, bikes look best with the fattest tires that can fit between the stays. They might ride best with something narrower, but i don't care for the look of excessive gaps.

FWIW, I'm planning to run 2.125" tires on mine, but they'll likely be cheap, current-production CST (Cheng Shin) or Kenda cruiser tires, which are marked 2.125" but tend to be closer to 2.0" or less. Height vs width, of course, varies depending on the rim profile....

I'm thinking of building mine with cheap stuff, trying to max out the beach vibe, but with a tiny little bit of BMX flavor. Probably end-to-end 7/8" cruiser bars, BMX quill, tractor knobbies. This is one i don't plan to spend a lot on.... just a fun bike to cruise the neighborhood with.

I have a layback post that shipped today from @slowriderz ! it's a 90 degree bend. I'm in Spokane...I have nothing as far as parts go. only high end road bike parts for my road racing bike. gotta find a way to build up a parts collection
Cheap beach cruisers, also that coop you went to will be a great resource. Also @rrtbike

In my opinion, bikes look best with the fattest tires that can fit between the stays. They might ride best with something narrower, but i don't care for the look of excessive gaps.

FWIW, I'm planning to run 2.125" tires on mine, but they'll likely be cheap, current-production CST (Cheng Shin) or Kenda cruiser tires, which are marked 2.125" but tend to be closer to 2.0" or less. Height vs width, of course, varies depending on the rim profile....

I'm thinking of building mine with cheap stuff, trying to max out the beach vibe, but with a tiny little bit of BMX flavor. Probably end-to-end 7/8" cruiser bars, BMX quill, tractor knobbies. This is one i don't plan to spend a lot on.... just a fun bike to cruise the neighborhood with.
Do you have a picture or thread of yours up here? would love to see it

Cheap beach cruisers, also that coop you went to will be a great resource. Also @rrtbike
Alright, well I am looking for a different crank chainring. The one it came with on it isn't bad, but I dont really like the 3 spoke design. I am wanting something as inexpensive as I can get...I want one with a more circular/rounded design to go with the curved frame and big fenders do you think @rrtbike would have something like this?

Alright, well I am looking for a different crank chainring. The one it came with on it isn't bad, but I dont really like the 3 spoke design. I am wanting something as inexpensive as I can get...I want one with a more circular/rounded design to go with the curved frame and big fenders do you think @rrtbike would have something like this?
He will have lots... Lots I'm sure.

Do you have a picture or thread of yours up here? would love to see it

Mine is a bare frame with cups, in a box in my garage. I'm moving to a different house in 2 weeks-- ALL of my projects are "on hold" for a bit. Just like yours, though... red 4-bar Snyder-built.

Sorry about that 808....I had no idea they would be hot items! :nerd:

No worries; that frame is still extra rad--- but the no-bar version was triple-xxx-tra rad, though. :43::crazy:o_O

Whatcha got in mind? FWIW, i'd buy that front sprocket you got, no doubt.... send me a pm if you wanna sell it cheapish.... :grin:

Well well.... I may have to run 2.25... I thought would look funny.... Turns out awsome.
View attachment 38803 that's hotness!!!
Quick we all build our twin tubes, so @Bicycle808 can't choose a style to build do tooooooo mutch awsome!!!
Do you have a stock front fork? any chance you can fit up a 2.125 tire on the front fork to see if it clears? @rrtbike isn't sure it will work in the front...now im worried

Latest posts

Back