Sportmaster? HELP!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is a bare frame with cups, in a box in my garage. I'm moving to a different house in 2 weeks-- ALL of my projects are "on hold" for a bit. Just like yours, though... red 4-bar Snyder-built.

No worries; that frame is still extra rad--- but the no-bar version was triple-xxx-tra rad, though. :43::crazy:o_O

Whatcha got in mind? FWIW, i'd buy that front sprocket you got, no doubt.... send me a pm if you wanna sell it cheapish.... :grin:
Well, this is one that has always caught my eye...Just rounded design. If I get a replacement I might be willing to get rid of it. I also found out the chainguard design has been repainted with some cheap white water based paint...It all came off with a garden hose soak down...So I don't think I am going to be keeping it on the bike. It has the "ghost" appearance of the original design but no white paint left

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 232
Well, this is one that has always caught my eye...Just rounded design. If I get a replacement I might be willing to get rid of it. I also found out the chainguard design has been repainted with some cheap white water based paint...It all came off with a garden hose soak down...So I don't think I am going to be keeping it on the bike. It has the "ghost" appearance of the original design but no white paint left

That's the "Clover" sprocket, very common on Schwinns throughout the 60s and 70s; other manufacturers still produce copies today. Seems like 46t is the most common size. Those are very cheap/easy to find. I have one but it's in-use at the moment....

That's the "Clover" sprocket, very common on Schwinns throughout the 60s and 70s; other manufacturers still produce copies today. Seems like 46t is the most common size. Those are very cheap/easy to find. I have one but it's in-use at the moment....
I like the style so anything arounf that style would appeal to me...not really any hard angles.

That's the binder in the paint failed... Happens

I was just so confused that a garden hose took all the white off.. couldn't believe it. did you get my question about fitting that 2.125 tire in the stock front fork?

I
I was just so confused that a garden hose took all the white off.. couldn't believe it. did you get my question about fitting that 2.125 tire in the stock front fork?
Bought frame and guard, running a big BMX style fork, so my clearance no issue.. no fork sorry.

I

Bought frame and guard, running a big BMX style fork, so my clearance no issue.. no fork sorry.
Alright, well then...I found a set of duro small bricks for $25 for a set...so whenever I get the money together I will just order that set and if it won't fit then I will just need to run a 2.125 in the rear and 1.75 in the front I guess..

I can not get pics loaded from my phone of the girls Rollfast but the 2.125 would not fit with or without the fender in the stock front fork. I couldn't even get a 1.95 in there unless wheel was perfect. :shake:

will have to look around and hope i can find one for not a lot of money

Happy saturday! my layback seat post from @slowriderz showed up in the mail! got it installed. I slammed it all the way down because it looked bad ......but on first ride I my knees were coming up way too much. I'm 6'2" so I should have expected this. So I raised it and took it for another spin but then i was leaning too far over because of the angle of the bars. so i brought it back and raised them. Final test ride was a great time! perfect fit... these rims get moving side to side bad, so I can't wait for @ind-chuckz rim's to show up. I'm loving the way this is coming together! This is how she sits now without the chainguard. Thinking bout making a tank plate from a sheet of steel and painted black...But i'm not sure of a name yet to put on it with white vinyl lettering. Any ideas?
WIN_20161119_16_21_16_Pro.jpg

Happy saturday! my layback seat post from @slowriderz showed up in the mail! got it installed. I slammed it all the way down because it looked bad ......but on first ride I my knees were coming up way too much. I'm 6'2" so I should have expected this. So I raised it and took it for another spin but then i was leaning too far over because of the angle of the bars. so i brought it back and raised them. Final test ride was a great time! perfect fit... these rims get moving side to side bad, so I can't wait for @ind-chuckz rim's to show up. I'm loving the way this is coming together! This is how she sits now without the chainguard. Thinking bout making a tank plate from a sheet of steel and painted black...But i'm not sure of a name yet to put on it with white vinyl lettering. Any ideas?View attachment 38899
@slowriderz seat posts are bombproof!!!

good morning everyone...just a quick update today, I had a great thanksgiving weekend. My in laws came into town to see my wife and kids and while they were here we worked out some details and I have taken a job in Olympia, WA working with my father in law...so we will be packing up and moving across the state in 2 weeks and now my bike has gone on hold. I am needing to save all extra money for the move. But on the bright side my wheel set from @ind-chuckz showed up yesterday, it was missing the hardware kit for the brake reaction arm so I'm waiting to hear from him. I wasn't able to order any rim strips, new tubes or tires before we agreed on a job, and right now money is even tighter...so that will be on hold until I am moved. anyone over in the Olympia area on this site?
WIN_20161128_15_39_36_Pro.jpg
WIN_20161128_15_39_27_Pro.jpg

Doesn't your bike have the brake strap on it?
yes it does, the mounting strap on it is quite deformed(has been hit a few times) so I was hoping to get a new one to install with the new wheels

Latest posts

Back