Standard Bottom Bracket size for 1 piece.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I may have to get a section of pipe or tubing to use a one piece crankset BB. I can't find a good frame with that BB, they all have the smaller threaded 3 piece type. I want to use a skiptooth setup and have to use the one piece.
I need the size in width and diameter if anyone here knows them.

Here ya' go. Shell width is the standard 68 mm (same as many threaded shells) and the inside diameter is 51.3 mm...just slightly over two inches.

Opera Snapshot_2021-10-10_161538_en.wikipedia.org.png

Thanks!
A 2" diameter piece of pipe might work. I'll get a piece and see how the caps fit. I can use a dremel grinder to make it work if it's that close.

Yep, I expect a 2" dia tube can be easily shaved to accept the cups. What is most important is that the cuts on each end of the tube are made as square and as parallel to each other as possible. I'm sure you can imagine how anything less would cause binding. Some bike shops have a tool to 'face' those surfaces. It costs a small fortune, so it's not a tool the home mechanic is likely to buy.

BFS-1_001.jpg

Latest posts

Back